Chapter 43: ivy

Alexis

"Ahh, Alexis. Joker's new girl right? Yeah, hi. I came to see you."

My eyes widen, stuttering and fiddling with my fingers. I was beyond nervous and I couldn't help but think about the bad stuff she could do to me. I mean, we are surrounded by nature so she can kill me in a second right now with her plants and that's why I was so shaky.
"Don't be scared, I won't do anything... yet." She said almost giggling and I took a slow deep breath, feeling the roots beneath my feet start to move and that's when I wanted to freak. I'm gonna die out here.
"Well, what do you want with me then?" I straighten myself out, tried to look casual but I probably look like an idiot to her.
"I want answers. Who killed Michael? Lie to me and I swear I'll kill you right here." She growled under her breath, my eyes almost popped out of my head once I heard her mention Michael. How does she know who he is? He's not a big criminal on tv. He's barely even on the news.
"Why do you wanna know about Michael?" I raised my eyebrow, crossing my arms over my chest and she starts to laugh a little, playing with the leaves again and turns serious.
"You're the Joker's girl and you're really that dumb? Michael is my husband or was, I don't know. He said he was going away for business for a few months and then all of a sudden he was dead on the news. So who the hell touched Michael!" She screamed the last part in my face and I flinched, feeling the branches start to wrap around my throat and held me up in the air as I struggle to breathe.
"PUT HER DOWN IVY!" I heard a voice and then, I hit the floor gasping for air. A pair of hands helped me up and I look over my shoulder to see blonde hair, one tip blue and one tip pink. Harley..
"What are you doing here?" I backed away from her, looking between the two girls in front of him and she starts to giggle.
"Oh sweetie, she's my best friend! Of course I'm going to be here for her. Luckily I love my puddin' enough to save you from getting killed." I shook my head, fixing my hair and looks back at the mansion that was not that far away. Harley noticed I was staring at the house and she started to snap her fingers.
"Nope, don't even think about running. Answer the question and you shall go." She smiled and I hesitated, I didn't know whether to say who did it or not. I didn't want to throw J under the bus but I didn't want to get killed. People are scared of J so if I say that it was him, would Ivy really hurt him to get revenge? Would Harley even let her do that to her 'puddin' actually, he's not even hers anymore, he's mine.
"It was J." I mumble quietly, hoping they didn't hear me because I quickly regretted saying his name once it escaped my lips. I can see Ivy boil with anger and Harley with wide scary eyes, trying to stop Ivy from being so angry. The ground shook for a moment but soon it stopped once Harley wrapped her arms around her tightly, shushing her as she cried.
"I'm sorry." I whisper, soon making a run for the mansion. I prayed they wouldn't try to catch me but I tripped over a large branch and hit the ground hard. I was close enough so I started screaming for Joker, loud as I can while I was getting dragged away by the tree. I was terrified and I wanted to see green hair run out of the house and come get me.
"J PLEASE!!" I screamed again, seeing him and his guards run out of the house. His eyes went wide, running after me and suddenly another branch came up and tripped him as well. I could hear him screaming for me but he got confused when his body started to get dragged towards me. Once we were in front of Ivy again, he grabbed a hold of me and held me close to him as possible. Harley, of course wasn't pleased with what's happening.
"Ivy, what the fuck are you doing?!" J yelled and she started to laugh, putting another branch around my throat but didn't tighten it.
"You killed Michael. You knew about us AND YOU STILL KILLED HIM!" Ivy screamed again and I looked over at J as he gives me a worried look before turning his attention back to the two insane girls.
"Look, he was going to rape Alexis. He was taking her clothes off while she was begging him to stop! What else was I supposed to do?! Let him fucking rape her!" He yelled, his voice almost cracking and my eyes started to tear up at the thought of him fully raping me if J didn't come. It hit me like a bag of bricks.
"You're lying! Michael would never do that." She was in tears too, trying to hold herself together and keep the branches around my throat deciding whether to choke me to death or not, honestly, I kinda wanted her to.
"He did, he touched her and I got so angry at him touching her the way he did so I shot him! I made him suffer." J's worried voice then started to turn into a fit of laughter, throwing his head back in the process for a few minutes. Ivy then tightened the branch, closing my air way and I started to panic once I see him continue to laugh. Did he even fucking care about me getting choked or was this all a big plan of his to torture me? Make me fall for him then let Ivy kill me? My heart shattered into pieces and I couldn't hear anything anymore. I didn't hear him stop laughing, in fact he did, I just didn't hear him. My vision was a blur and I felt myself hit the floor before passing out.

Joker

"No! What did you do?!" I screamed, shoving her to the ground hard and watched Alexis fall to the ground as well. I tried to catch her but I wasn't fast enough, I picked up her limp body and held her close as I pat her cheek over and over again trying to get her to wake up.
"Baby, please don't do this. Come on, wake up. Open those beautiful eyes." I repeated, barely over a whisper and then I started running back to the house with her in my arms. I was panting and went up to the playroom before laying her down on the cold metal table. I grabbed the rods, rubbing them together and pressed them both towards her chest, shocking her. I know it was a real thing to start her heart but I had to try. She could be dead by the time we make it to the hospital. She's probably dead right now!
"Alexis, baby." Tears threatened to slip from my eyes and I tried to make them stay in, I never cry. Never. I continue to shock her over and over again, laying my head down on her chest once I realize that she's probably never coming back. My heart broke, ached and I didn't care about not crying anymore, I let it all flow out. I sobbed on her chest, keeping myself slightly quiet so the guards didn't hear. After a minute or so, I felt her chest rise up then fall. I picked my head up, wiping the tears away as quick as possible before she could open her eyes. I looked down at her, stroking her hair back and kisses her forehead. My smile was so wide that my cheek bones started to hurt.
"Oh my god, I thought I lost you. Fuck." I let out a breath that I felt like I was holding for a long time and she laughed, soon wincing afterwards at the pain but she sucked it up and threw herself into my arms, hugging me tightly.
"You saved me." I heard her whisper in my ear and I truthfully say that I melted in her arms. I kept her close, repeatedly kissing her head every five minutes and rubbed her back.
"I love you." I let it slip from my red lips, my eyes widen at what I just said and held my breath again, thinking she would think I'm crazy or worse, she might think I'm lying.
"You love me?" Alexis pulled back, staring up into my eyes and I nodded my head slowly, not sure if I wanted to admit it or not.

"I love you too.."

[___________________________]

Another chapter for y'all.
I know Ivy only lasted in like 2 chapters but TRUST ME, she will be back. She's not going away that easily after finding out that J killed Michael. ;)) also not the last of Harley Quinn.
Hope you guys enjoyed it tho. I kinda enjoyed writing this chapter very very much. Chapter 43 and I decided to make things emotional between J and A, they kinda deserve that emotional and love connection to make their relationship somewhat stronger.

Question # 6:

Is it right to say I love you when it's still kinda early in the relationship and they JUST got all good?