Sequel

Since Seijūrõs death had passed two years and I was still living in the past. Neither was I able to move forward nor did I wanted it.

With Masaomis agreement both Kojirou and I were still living in the Akashi mansion in Tokyo which allowed me to visited Seijūrõs grave at least once a day.

Kojirou started with school while I have started to work in a small bakery. I have always loved to make sweets and so I thought this would fit me the most. Back then when Seijūrõ was alive I never has thought about going to work because he insisted that it would be enough for me to raise our son. Now the situation was different and I didn't wanted to be a burden for my father-in-law.

My days were always grey, the only colorful moments were when I spent time with my son. My life has become monotone and the people around me just faceless creatures, beside my family I recognised no one.

But one certain day a customer came to our bakery that was standing out from the crowd. It was a tall man with emerald green eyes and light brown hair.
The moment our eyes met for the first time after years I knew immediately who had stepped inside this small bakery and by the expression on his face I could see that he was still remembering me.
For just a moment he paused, uncertain what to say or just to leave again without ordering anything. In the end he was just ordering a coffee and left the bakery without wasting another word but before he stepped out of the door he glanced over his shoulder, his eyes resting on me for a few seconds before he was gone.

'Should I have said something?' I questioned myself but I pushed the thought beside fast.

Days passed without seeing him again. One evening when I just have left the bakery I saw him again when he was passing me in a very fast pace, in the last second grabbing my wrist and dragging me with him.

"Come with me" Were his only words to me.

Without any protest I let him take me with him. Far away from the lively streets we reached an empty playground.

We were sitting on one of the benches surrounded by an awkward silence. He eyes fixed on one spot at the ground.

"..."

"You have gone through a lot since the last time I saw you" He finally broke the silence.

"Hmmm..."

"Shirou told me what happened"

"Did he?"

"I am sorry that you have lost him" His voice was a mere whisper.
Silently I bit my lips, fighting back the upcoming sorrow. While before I was watching him the moment he said those words I directed my eyes away from him but now he was the one who was watching me.

"It's okay to cry... to mourn his death..." he paused a moment in which he gently rested his big and on my head. "But one day you have to move forward. I am sure that's what he would wish for you."

"... I can't. I can't forget him... and I don't want to...."

"I never said you have to forget him. Moving forward and forgetting are two different things" he said in a calm and steady voice.

Silence filled the room between us once again.

"Why are you here?" I asked straightforward.

Quietly he took a letter out of his pocket. Its years clearly visible with all the wrinkles and its grey coloyr. Hesitantly I took it in my hands and slowly unfolded it.

My breath stopped just by seeing the handwriting, without reading the signature I knew it was HIS. His elegant handwriting with all its embellishments. Confused I looked at the male beside me, clearly searching for an answer.