Trapped by his crimson eyes

'Finally friday' i mumbled.

Every two weeks i am able to visit my family. I'm living with my grandmother. It's not that bad to live with her, but i miss the time with my lively family.

Before i forget, my name is Nijimura Sorano. I bet you think my brother is Nijimura Shuzo. Well, you're right. I'm in my second year at junior high school.

Since a year i live with my grandma, after my grandfather died. She didn't want to sell her house where she lived with the love of her life for so many years. So i moved in with her. I should keep an eye on her and help her with the household. My parents can't do it. You ask why? Well, my father is really sick and has to stay at the hospital. My mother is working too much. Who can blame her?! Someone has to earn money. We have to pay for the treatment for my dad too. These are the reasons why she has to do two jobs. I feel sorry for her.

Slowly, i got out of my bed. The first rays of sunlight flood through my bedroom. It's pleasantly quiet. A perfect way to wake up and start the day.

After cleaning and dressing myself i prepared breakfast for my grandma and me. Shortly before I have served breakfast, i heard foodsteps behind me.

"Good morning, Dear" buzzed my grandma.

"Good morning, grandma" i replied.

We took our seats and started with our breakfast. We didn't speak much while eating. Only the usual things.

After breakfast, i have done the household and got ready for school - like every morning.

"Grandma, i'm going to school now. I'll be back on sunday evening" i called to her.

"Have a good time and greet your mother and your brothers from me" she said with a sorrowful smile.

For the next two days she will be lonely again. But she refused to come to Tokyo. She always says it's to troublesome for her.

She gave me a peck on my cheek and huged me tightly. 'It's amazing how much power is still in her' i noticed.

Then i was on my way to school.

Timeskip

After traveling with the train, i arrived at the railway station in Tokyo. The journey from Tatsuno, prefecture Nagano, to Tokyo takes over two hours.

'It's still afternoon. Shuzo should be at basketball training. Maybe i should visit him there. After all it's been a while when i saw him playing' i thought quietly.

I made my way to Teiko Junior High. Luckily the way wasn't too far.

I reached the entrance to Teiko Junior High. The school was well arranged, so that i found the gym quickly and didn't need to ask for directions.

The door to the gym was wide open and it penetrated loud noises of ball dribbling out of the gym.

'Great, they're still at training' i grinned.

I approached the door. When I was almost there, a ball rolled out of the hall and stopped at the doorway.

I bent down and reached for the ball. But just at the moment when my hands touched the ball, I felt another pair of hands on mine.

I only looked up and my crystal blue eyes met a pair of crimson red eyes. At that moment it seems to me like the world stopped. I lost myself in his fascination crimson red eyes.

'He has so beautiful eyes. I have never seen such eyes which seems so infinitely deep. They radiate warmth and kindness, but there is something else. I can't define what it is... Maybe it's just my imagination.' i thought