A Fateful Accident

I love you and I want to be with you!" Toma confessed.

My jaw dropped, never had I imagined that he had such feelings for me.

A contour of a special picture appeared in my mind:

Toma and I were sitting on a bench. It was the moment when he was holding my hand, in which I had my milkshake and when he was drinking of it.

"You two look like a couple" Kyoko commented parenthetically.

"That's true" Kimiko nodded. Her voices echoed in my mind.

'So he had feeling for me all the time?' I questioned myself. 'Then his behavior towards Seijūrõ make sense. 

Wait!'

"Toma, was this the reason why you had distanced yourself from me?" I asked suspiciously.

"I didn't want to ruin our relationship at that time" he confessed and rubbed the back of his head nervously.

"But what about now? Why are you confessing now?" I asked insistently.

"Because I have been running away too long and I don't like seeing you with someone else, especially not with him!"

I closed my eyes just a moment, trying to think about a way to escape this awkward situation.

"Break up with him!" He repeated. "He is the kind of person who will break your heart"

"I c-can't" Slowly I opened my eyes and looked straight at him. "And I don't want to"

"I see. Then you will give me something else... Something that will make you realize that you like me more" he said with confidence.

I was just about to distance myself from him as his hands grabbed my shoulders and pinned me down on the couch. Toma was now completely hovering over me.

"Toma! Get off from me!" I tried to push him away, but I was no match for him.

His grip tightened around my shoulder which hurt me so much that I couldn't bring up any strength to struggle against him.

He leaned forwards and stopped a few inches before our lips could connect. His emerald green eyes switched from my eyes to my lips and back to my eyes as if he would be telling me what his next move was.

"P-please T-toma. D-don't do that! D-don't make me h-hate my b-best friend" My trembling voice begged and tears welled up inside my eyes.

Hearing my last sentence made him straightened up and he buried his face in his palms. "I am sorry, Sorano-chan. I... I... I don't wanted to hurt or scare you. I also don't know what came over me."

I sat up too. "You haven't" Gently I stroke his back, relieved that he didn't forced himself on me.

The sound of the closing frontdoor let me look to my room door, even Toma looked up from his hands. "I guess, Grandma's is back earlier than I thought"

"Sorano, are you at home?" A males voice echoed from the stairs.

Confused I looked back at Toma which previous soft expression has already darkened.

'Why have everyone such a bad timing?'

Once again Toma pinned me down on the couch and as closer the footsteps came the closer get Toma towards me.

"S-stop it, Toma" I said afraid, afraid that this time he would kiss me for sure, only to hurt the person who was getting closer to my room.

Just the moment the door went open, Toma's lips captured mine forcefully.