Preliminaries

Friday morning. After what happened yesterday I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to sleep well. But unexpectedly I was wrong.

I wasn't dreaming anything, but I slept so deeply that I was full of energy in the morning.

'Who knows for what it's good' I thought.

Faster as usual I had done my morning duties. Even the way to school seemed shorter than usually. Toma struggled to walk in the same pace like me.

Since Monday he was every morning walking to school with me. It doesn't bothered me anymore. This whole week I tried to dissuade him, but I failed horribly.
But now I had to admit it is really nice that I don't have to walk alone.

I thought he wouldn't walk to school with me, after I ran home alone yesterday. But it seemed he wasn't mad at me. On the contrary, he looked a bit worried.

"Ano... Toma, I am sorry for what happened yesterday"

"You mean when you ran home alone? Don't worry, I am sure you had your reasons" he said without looking at me.

"Thanks for understanding. But you have to know it had nothing to do with you" I stated.

'Actually that's not true' I remembered the picture that were standing on my desk now. My cheeks showed a light blush on it.

"Are you alright? Your face turned red" he noticed.

'Shit. Calm down, Sorano'

"Ähm. Hai. More or less" I answered him. "What do you think of a race?"

"Okay, but be prepared to lose" He answered confidentely.
"The finish line is the school gate, right?"

"That won't be happening" I protested.

"Hmmm. Let's make a bet then! The winner can demand whatever he wants" Toma started to stretch his  legs.

"Heh. Why?" I asked in curiousity

"It would be boring without a goal, isn't it?" He shrugged and got in starting position.

"Fine" I walked next to him and took my position too.

"Okay. Ready?" He watched me from aside.

"Steady!"

"Go!" He shouted before he ran at his fastest pace. The only think I could see were his back all the time. Luckily, I could run at a fast pace too.

We passed a lot of students, which made it difficult to run at full speed. So slowly I could catch up. Only a few feet behind him, the school gate appeared before us.

For the last few meters I gave everything I had, but it was only good enough to made a draw.

"And... what... now?" I asked breathless.

Before he answered, he breathed in and out deeply a few times. After he was fine, he answered slowly "Then both of us have to do a favor for the other one"

"Hm. Sounds fair. What do you want?"

"I will save it for the perfect moment" he winked to me.

"Okay then. But I will tell you mine. Before I travel to today Tokyo, I want you to buy me a milkshake"

"Fine with me"

"Great. Then I see you after school, Toma"

Timeskip

'I can't believe we'll be tested in japanese next week'  I compained mentally while resting my head on the table. The last lesson just ended.