Pero bago pa kami makapunta sa upuan namin ay may dalawang lalaki na ang sumasalubong sa amin. Halata sa mukha ko ang pagkalito dahil hindi ko sila kilala. I never really like socialising. One of my weakest trait is that I easily forget faces. Agad namang dumukwang si Clyde at bumulong.

"The one in the left is Lucas Devauer, heir to the Devar Unibank, his bank is the one handling all our accounts. The one in the right is Octavius Sinclair, owner of Sinclair Corp.,the supplier of our constuction materials." Bulong sa akin ni Clyde na ikinatango ko. Saktong tipid na nakangiti na ako ng makalapit na sila.

"Ms. Montecillo! It's nice to finally meet the amazing woman behind Montecillo group of company, the leading estate developer in the field!" Octavius Sinclair greeted with his hand extended. I shook it and instill the tight smile on my lips with his over the top praise.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Mr. Sinclair." I politely replied. Lumingon ako sa katabi niya para lang mailang sa malagkit nitong titig sa akin. Kita ko ang pagsiko ni Sinclair sa katabi niya. Doon na lang parang natauhan ito. Nagulat pa ako ng malakas itong tumawa. His laughter is surprisingly  pleasing to the ears.

"I'm sorry, I'm taken aback by your beauty. Lucas at your service, Ms. Montecillo." He said as he extended his hand. He sounded flirtatious and at the same time he has this devil-may-care vibe. Tumaas ang sulok ng labi ko sa sinabi niya. Smooth. The guy must have delivered that lines a lot of times.

"Nice to meet you too, Mr. Devauer." I said as I grasp his extended hand for a shake pero nagulat ako ng iangat niya iyon at halikan. His warm lips on the back of my palm and his eyes that never leaves mine somehow made me uncomfortable. Rinig ko ang malalim na hugot ng hininga ng aking katabi.

"I think the program is starting." Mariin at pagalit ang pagkakasabi na iyon ni Clyde na parang warning kaya mabilis na nahatak ko ang kamay ko mula sa pagkakagagap ni Lucas.

Nagpaalam na kami sa dalawang lalaki. Clyde and I seated at our designated seats. The program started with Tita Margaret's emotional speech about the cause of the said Charity and where will the money be spent. Pagkatapos ay isa-isa ng tinawag ang mga nag-donate. I stood up when my name is called and I waved and smiled at everyone. It's like an introduction to their circle of elite for the sake of their standard propriety. I will be dealing with all of them someday and I wanted to leave a remarkable impression. Lucas and Sinclair were the loudest clapper and it made my smile widened even more when I saw them.

An intermission number of ballet dancers perform at the stage and it made me feel sleepy. Nang biglang may umupo sa aking kaliwa kaya napalingon ako doon and I saw Miguel Argueles with his watchful eyes and leery smile.

"Bree." He greeted with a nod.

"Tito Miguel." I replied with a tight smile.

"I see you really brought your secretary." He said while giving Clyde a suspicious glance. "Look, about yesterday, you know I'm not attacking you in any way and if you feel offended then I'm sorry." He looked apologetic that I quickly responded.

"I'm sorry too for being sensitive about it." Sagot ko na lang sabay ngiti sa matandang lalaki. Being with the same circle table with Miguel Arguelles is enough to make me uncomfortable and Clyde knew it.

"Gusto mo na bang umuwi?" Bulong ni Clyde. He was leaning way to close to me that his cheek almost brushes mine. I can even smell the manly perfume that he used. The act was too intimate even from me. My eyes widened when I saw Tito Miguel eyeing us with a sneering smile on his lips. Mabilis na naitulak ko si Clyde na ipinagtaka naman ng huli. Lalong lumapad ang ngisi ni Tito Miguel na animo'y may nakumpirma siya sa kanyang hinala. Gusto ko namang magsisi sa naging reckless na reaksyon ko. It made me look guilty.