16 Date

Bree POV

Clyde's reaction as I walked down the stairs is nothing but flattering. I can't help the smile that formed my lips when I saw him drew a deep breath and held it as his eyes traveled up and down to my gown-clad body. I admit, I made an extra effort choosing my gown tonight. I wanted to look feminine but fierce, thus I ended up wearing a  crimson corseted gown with swarovski crystals straps. It's a feisty gown with the boldest shade of red but it also made me look feminine with it's corset style and lustrous stones. It cost a fortune but it's all worth it with the reaction I received from Clyde. I also took a quick glance at him. He is wearing the suit that we bought and it perfectly fit him well. Neck down, he looks debonair, the only problem is his face. He is wearing that thick eyeglasses again that hides his beautiful eyes. And that sleek look of his hair is a throw off. I really need to get rid of all those gels in his bathroom. I'm torn between admiring his appearance or cringing.

Sinalubong ako ni Clyde sa dulo ng hagdan. He offered his arm and the act somehow made me smile. Kumapit ako doon bago bumaba sa huling baitang ng hagdan. Magkaharap na kami ng ilang segundo pero nakatitig pa din si Clyde kaya naman naiilang na nag-iwas ako ng tingin. 

"Ang g-ganda mo, wifey." Papuri niya na ikinataas ng sulok ng labi ko. Like, I already know that!

"Thanks, you look good too." Balik puri ko na din. Napatingin si Clyde sa suot niya na para bang hindi siya sanay sa three-piece suit na suot niya na talaga namang sakto sa katawan niyang matipuno. Alam kong sanay siya sa pagsusuot ng maluluwag niyang polo kaya halata sa mukha niya ang pagka-asiwa ngayong halos umukab na ang suit sa katawan niya. He doesn't even know how sexy he looked.

"Shall we?" Aya ko sa lalaki na ikinangiti niya at ikinatango. Magkakapit na lumabas kami ng bahay at tinungo ang garahe kung saan naka-parke ang kotse ko.

Nakarating kami sa isang luxurious hotel kung saan gaganapin ang pagtitipon para sa charity ball. The hall was packed with wealthy and influential group of people in their most lavish gowns and stylish suits. It may seem superficial having these group of people in this kind of frivolous gathering, but the donations that comes with it goes along way, so who am I to complain? For the sick children, I can endure pecking cheeks, giving little smiles and nonsensical talks with them if it means the charity's fund can take care of surgical operations of sick children.

"Bree! You're here!" A shirlly voice greeted us as we enter the massive venue.

"Tita Margaret!" I greeted with a smile as I kiss her cheek. She's my late father's friend and the one in charge of all the foundations my father founded. Tita Margaret doesn't look her age. She's a five foot socialite whom can easily mistaken to be in her mid-thirties.

"I'm glad you made it. Oh you brought young Santillan! How are you? You are looking extra handsome today!" Ani Tita Margaret habang ngiting-ngiting nakatingin kay Clyde. She sounded flirtatious as she stare at Clyde, her hand extended. Clyde grasp her extended hand and kiss it then he smile brightly at Tita Margaret.

"Good evening Ma'am Mariano. I'm nothing compared to your beauty! You are looking younger each time I see you! And as always you organize the best charity event!" Sagot naman ni Clyde na ikinatawa ng malakas ni Tita Margaret. Namula ang pisngi ng matandang dalaga na ikinataas ng kilay ko. Mukhang kinilig ito sa sinabi ni Clyde.

"Namiss ko ang pagiging bolero mo! Go on, both of you. Your seats are in front." Nakangiting pahayag ni Tita Margaret na kiming nginitian ko na lang at mabilis na inangklahan ang braso ni Clyde at hinatak siya.