"Why don't you leave it?"

"Not everyone has a lot of money like you Carter" 

He nodded and looked at his cup.

"Where is Kaiden these days?" He asked suddenly.

"Why" 

"Just wondering, haven't seen him around lately" he said shrugging his shoulders.

Coming to think of it he was right, Kaiden hasn't been to school for two days now neither did he come by the cafe or my house. Should I be worried? I decided to give him a call when I go back home just to make sure he's fine and besides we're going to meet on Sunday for the family dinner anyways.

"I'm sure he just didn't felt like coming to school, you do it too" I replied.

"You've been paying attention to me" said Carter, ghost of a smile on his face.

"You know something strange happened today" I said changing  the topic.

"what? Is everything okay?" He asked looking concerned suddenly.

Not understanding his reaction I carried on.

"Drake came and ask Ally if she was okay" I said looking at Carter, he didn't seem surprised at all.

"What's strange in that?" He asked taking another sip of his coffee.

"Are you kidding me? Its Drake we're talking about and why would he come and ask Ally if she's okay? OKAY?" I said trying to make him understand.

"Do you know Ally and Drake used to be friends" He said looking at me.

"WHAT?" I said looking at him surprised.

"You do know that Ally and Caroline used to be-"

"Best friends, yea I know" I said completing his sentence.

"Yea, well Drake was the third one, when Ally and Caroline had a fight he was asked to choose and he chose Caroline" said Carter.

"What a stupid jerk,choosing Caroline over Ally" I said a little angry.

"Not really, I mean we became friends through Caroline and I'm really thankful for that, you know Drake isn't really a bad guy"

"I highly doubt that" I huffed. "But why would he come and ask her if she's okay now?"

"It takes sometime I guess" He said and then looked directly at me "realizing your feelings"

He took the last sip of his coffee and got up. I didn't want him to leave so quickly.

"I guess this is it then?" I said.

"What?"

"You and me, I mean the projects done now"

"I don't think so" He said, that same blank expression on his face.

..................

"Here we go" said my mom placing the cookie batter in front of me to mix.

My mom picked me up way before time so we can cook together.

"Really? Mom" I said.

"What?" She asked innocently.

"I cannot believe this" I muttered and started mixing the batter.

"So how's your school going?" She asked shuffling through the cupboards.

"Its good" I replied.

"How are your friends? Maybe we ypu could bring Ally and Mason here someday, we can have our own little get together. Its been so long since I last saw them"