"Shut it," I say. I turn around, my eyes softly landing on his. "You know how much this means to me, Ty."

"I know, I know. Trust me, I've heard this lecture too many times."

"That means I've had to tell you too many times." He gave me a confused look. "By that I mean, you're stupid."

"Girl," he starts. I glare at him. "No fair. I can't ever challenge you."

"Quit whining, you're distracting me. I have to get ready for camp," Tyler rolls his eyes.

"OK. I have to get home anyway, mom wants me to watch Sophie." He says, unplugging his phone from the wall. Sophie is his little sister, whom I absolutely adore. She is just the cutest, sweetest little kid ever. I think I like her more than Tyler sometimes.

"Whatever. See you in September," I say, getting a little sad.

"I'm going to miss you," he says, giving me a sad smile.

"I'll miss you too," I say, wiping away a little tear. I've been going to camp for a couple of years now, and I still cry every time I leave.

"Love you, girl," Tyler walks out my door, blowing me a kiss.

"Love you too!" I call, hearing the front door shut behind him.

Now alone, I can finally think. I love Tyler so much, but this space will be good. I lug my half-full suitcase up onto my bed so I can continue shoving various clothing items inside. I want to make a really good impression. My pack, Blood Moon, was "absorbed", in a sense. The alpha and beta of my pack were caught in some serious legal drama. Nobody stepped up to run the pack.  Unfortunately, the pack was dissolved and everyone was dispersed to different packs. 

My fingers find the paper containing all of the information about the new pack I'm joining. At the top of the page, in bold letters, is the name of my new pack; Blue Mountain. Below is the name of my alpha and beta. I note that there isn't a luna listed yet. My heartbeat quickens at that realization. My mind can't help but wander to what the new alpha is like. I shove all of those thoughts out of my head. It's almost time to leave.

---------------------------------------------------------

This is the camp?" I ask in awe. My seatbelt is unfastened before he can even park his car. My knee bounces with nerves and excitement. Meeting new people has always brought on anxiety for me, but I love the opportunities it presents. Maybe I'll finally meet my mate; I am 21 after all. 

"Yep," my dad answers, parking his car. He gets out and pulls my suitcase from the trunk. Instead of being that stereotypical dad in books, movies, etc, he hands me the suitcase and offers to carry my snacks.

For as long as I can remember, he has done this. It's been just me and my dad for as long as I can remember. My mom was killed in an accident when I was very young. Still, I can feel her brush my hair out of my eyes when I'm having a hard time falling asleep. My heart hurts for a short second. I don't have the time to grieve for my mother right now; I've had eighteen years to do just that. 

I lug my huge suitcase into the house. I keep an eye out for anyone to help because, obviously, my dad is no help at all. I take in my surroundings, eyes wide with wonder. This house is a lot more extravagant than my old packhouse. I'm just about to ask a stranger where the bunks are when I'm interrupted.