"What would you like to have" said a boy a little elder than me with freckles.

"I'd like to have mango juice" I said.

He nodded and went to get one for me from the fridge, I took out my money from the pocket and handed it to him. Sipping the juice from the straw I turned around and was yelped. Cater was standing right behind me.

"What the hell Carter" I said glaring at him, I could have dropped my juice.

He ignored me and walked past me to the counter,

"I'd like a packet of chips" he said to the same freckled guy.

"You came here on purpose didn't you?" I said. "You knew I was coming here so you showed up too"

Carter took hold of his chips and handed the guy money.

"Why would I follow you Eva? I'm not in love with you." He replied walking past me. He didn't really have to say that.

"Then why are you here?" I aksed walking behind him.

He stopped in his track and turned to face me.

"Drake felt like coming to bowling and everyone agreed to it, not everything I do is about you" he said lowering his head towards me.

The more I talked to him the more angry he made me. I wish I could say something as arrogant as he does but I never come up with something good.

"I want you to go to Miss Jean with me and ask her to find us new partners" I said suddenly, crossing my arms.

"What?" He said looking at me confused.

"I don't want to be your partner okay? You don't do any work"

"If you could recall I asked you yesterday that we could spend today on the project but you didn't want to cause you had to go bowling with your lovely Kaiden" He said angrily.

"He's not my lovely Kaiden" I replied.

"Then what is he? Huh? Who is he to you?"  Asked Carter taking a step forward.

"None of your business" I stuttered trying desperately to hold my ground and not step back. I don't want to show his that he intimedated me in any way.

"No you need to tell me who is he to you. Are you too dating?" He asked coming closer.

"N..No" I replied looking at his eyes.

"Then tell me Eva who is he?" Said Carter his hands came up and held on my upper arms.

"Tell me"

My skin tingled from where he touched me. Like fire that didn't really burnt.

"He...He's my mother's fiance's son" I said quickly.

Carter gawked at me after hearing my words, I could see how surprised he was from his eye. His hands slowly dropped back to his side.

"You...your mother is marrying Henry Smith?" He whispered.

"Yes! How do you know him?" I asked looking at him.

"Who doesn't know Henry Smith" he said closing his eyes and rubbing them.

"Is that why you don't like Kaiden? Cause he's a rich man's son just like you"

Carter opened his eyes and looked at me.

"Money doesn't matter to me Eva" he said. "Shit your mom is marrying Henry, Kaiden's dad"

"What's such a big deal about it?" I asked not getting Carter's reaction. So what, if Kaiden's Henry's son?

"Nothing. Nothing" said Carter taking a deep breath.

"Okay listen who your going back home with?" He asked looking at me.

"Kaiden"

"No you'r not"

"What? Why?" I asked looking at him bewildered.

"Cause I'm dropping you off, your going with me"

"No, I'm not" I said.

"Yes, you are" He replied sternly.

"Carter who do you think you are? Ordering me around like this?" I said angerily.

"Okay...okay, Eva Evans will you please give me the honour to take you home today. How's that?"

"Carter are you crazy-"

"Why are you so stubborn Eva? Just agree to it, we'll talk about the project okay? You wanted to finish it, lets do it then" he said frustrated.

I didn't know what has gotten into him. Why he was reacting so paranoid all of a sudden. I sighed and glared at him.

"Okay, fine" I snapped and walked away. He didn't say anything else.

I told myself that I was going with him to end the discussion, so he could stop bothering me. I am not going with him because I want to.

I told Kaiden that me and Ally were staying behind because Ally liked the cafeteria guy and wanted to stalk him. 

"Really? The cafeteria guy?" He said looking at me.

I nodded looking at him.

"Ally's kind of weird" I replied.

"Are you sure you can come back alone? Its already dark maybe I should stay here with you" He said concern on his face.

"No no, I'll be fine I promise. You go back home"

He looked at me and then sighed.

"Okay" he said.

I watched as he walked away, I am really starting to like Kaiden. He seem genuine and nice and cares about me. I turned around and saw Ally glaring at me.

"The cafeteria guy? Really?"

"Sorry didn't have time to come up with something better" I replied trying to look apologetic.

"Why didn't you tell him that you were going with Carter?" She asked.

"Because he doesn't like and trust Carter, he wouldn't have left. I don't get it Ally why do these two dislike each other so much?"

"Cause there kinda the same, rich kids of rich parents, they don't want to see someone getting ahead of them" she replied.

Was it really this? They didn't like each other because they threaten each others status. Was Carter afraid of Kaiden taking his place in school?

"Oh here he comes, call me when you get home and tell me if the ride was just about the project" said Ally winking at me.

I heard footsteps behind me as Ally left the other way. Turning around I saw Carter standing.

"Ready?"

Am I?

PLEASE COMMENT AND DONT FORGET TO VOTE AS THESE VOTES REALLY HELP MY STORY GO AHEAD. THANKYOU TO ALL THE PEOPLE LIKING THE STORY I LOVE READING YOUR FEEDBACKS AND THOUGHTS KEEPS ME HAPPY. HAVE A NICE DAY.