The Truth 3

Chris continues shaking her so she can wake up. He is fully scared at this point and is so close to calling 911. Ninah starts moving as her eyes open. Her moaning catch Chris' attention and he looks at her.

N: Chris?

Chris sighs in relief before answering.

C: Yes it's me.

He hugs her as she touch his arms.

C: Don't ever scare me like that again.

Ninah remains quiet as she looks at Chris.

C: Did you eat or at least sleep?

She shakes her head no and he continues hugging her.

C: Come on, you need to eat.

Ninah gets out of bed and the two walk to the kitchen. She sits down on the stool as Chris starts taking things out to cook.

N: What made you finally come back to see me?

C: I missed you and wanted to talk about what happened.

N: I didn't want to kiss him Chris, I promised. I pushed him away immediately after he did it.

She explains as tears start going down her face. Chris steps away from the stove and walks to her.

C: I was wrong for getting mad at you before you could even explain. I was just upset at what I seen and thought he was taking you from me.

N: No one can take me away from you Chris, I love you.

He kiss her forehead.

C: I love you too.

N: Now fix my food before it get burnt.

C: You funny.

She smiles a little as Chris gets back to the stove. He quickly make some eggs, grits, and bacon with some toast. Ninah eats her food as he cleans up. She finish and put her dish in the sink before going to the living room with Chris following her. He sits down on the couch as she lay her head on his lap.

C: Ninah you need to not do this again. Seeing you like that scared me.

N: I couldn't function without thinking about you. Even while I'm taking a shower, I try my hardest to stay calm and not break down. I don't even think I can live without you Chris. I'm surprised I am still here after this whole week.

C: I thought I was gonna lose you.

He say as he run his fingers through her hair as she start tearing up a bit.

N: I thought I lost you.

Chris tries to remain calm as he speaks.

C: You need to rest.

Ninah close her eyes as Chris continues fighting the tears. He knew that it would be hard for Ninah to accept a break up, but he didn't think that it would hit her this bad. He imagines what would happen if they really did separate; will she always be like this when she is heartbroken or depressed? He ignores his thoughts and runs his fingers through her hair, massaging her scalp as a smile creeps upon her face.

A Couple Hours Later

Ninah wakes up to the smell of food. She sits up and see Chris in the kitchen cooking. His back is turned her way as she gets up and walks behind him, wrapping her arms around him.

N: What are you cooking?

C: Some Baked Chicken Parmesan.

N: Ooo you gettin all gourmet on me?

C: Just something to put some food in your system.

He lowers the fire and turns around.

C: You go take a bath and be as long as you want.

N: You can't come with me?

She ask while looking in his eyes and he smirks.

C: Who is going to watch the chicken?

N: I'm pretty sure the chicken will be fine. 20-25 minutes right?

C: Yes?

N: And how long has it been since you had it in the oven?

C: 15 minutes?

N: Well I'll be waiting for you in the bathroom.

She pecks his lips and walks towards the bathroom. She closes the door and start drawing the bath. Tonight is going to be a good night whether or not they make love.