The Love That Never Dies

Tae&Chris

Tae is a college freshman, studying to be a lawyer with a minor in Mathematics. She has been abstaining from dating and sex for one specific purpose. Her boyfriend back at home. They have been together for years, but her parents don't approve him because they think that he is a bad influence. She visits her family this weekend, so she is going to see her boyfriend whether they like it or not.

Tae grabs her bags and walk towards the exit doors. She looks around for a black Lexus as she moves from the doors. A hand waves her direction as she notice that it's her sister, Maggie. She smiles and waves back as she walks towards her.

"Hey Mags!"

"Hey T! Oh, I missed you love."

They hug before putting her bags in the trunk and leaving the airport.

"So, how is Howard? Are there any cute guys?"

She frowns a little bit but tries to hide it.

"There are some cute guys, but not my type."

"You mean, not Chris."

Maggie blurts out as Tae looks out of the window.

"Look, I hate that dad forced you to stop dating Chris. He is an amazing person and I like to see you happy."

"I wish dad and mom knew how Chris really is."

Tae say as she fold her arms. Maggie smack her lips as she makes a right turn to a different street.

An Hour Later

"How is it baby girl?"

Her dad ask as she plays with her food.

"It's very challenging, but I can make it."

"You know what I always say, a Johnson never gives up on their dreams."

"I wish that was true for every situation."

Tae mumbles as her dad look at her.

"What did you say?"

"You heard what I said. I want Chris to be with me, and I don't care if you don't approve."

He rolls his eyes as the family stay quiet.

"You don't need to be with that thug out boy. He is a bad influence towards this family, and I'm not letting you do what you want because you are in college."

She stands up and throws her napkin on the table.

"Dad I'm almost nineteen! You can't keep telling me what to do! You have to let me make my own mistakes, which I doubt being with Chris is!"

"You will not talk to me like that young lady!"

"Well then treat me like a young lady who makes her own decisions! I am an adult, and I don't need your permission to see who I love."

She leaves the table and walks in the living room. Maggie excuse herself from the table and follows her.

"I am glad that you stood against dad, but that was pretty harsh."

"He has to deal with it like I had to deal with him all these years."

Tae say as she cross her hands with a frown on her face. Maggie stands up and grabs a piece of paper with writing on it. She sits back next to Tae and gives it to her.

"This is where he is. He should be home, so grab my keys and go get him."

Tae looks at her as she grabs the paper, smiling.

"I love you Mags."

"I love you too."

She stands up and grab the keys before leaving the house.

Thirty Minutes Later

She gets out of the car and takes a deep breath. She walks to the front door and knocks on it a few times. A girl opens the door and Tae blinks.

"Yes?"

"Um, is Chris here?"

The girl turns away towards the staircase.

"Chris?"

She yells as Tae bites her lip in nervousness. He walks down as Tae takes a breath.

"Yeah?"

"Someone ask for you."

The girl leaves as he see Tae.

"Tae?"

She shows a fake smile as she responds.

"Hey Chris."

He walks towards her and gives her a hug as she wraps her arms around him.

"Come in."

She walks in the house and he leads her in the living room. She sits down as he follows next to her.

"How is Howard?"

"It's a complete struggle over there. I'm making it though."

"Well, that's good for you."

"What about you?"

"It's going great. NYU is fine and also difficult."

She gives a fake smile as he smiles. She slowly frowns and he notice.

"Are you alright Tae?"

"No."

She takes another deep breath before speaking.

"Do you love her?"

"Who?"

"The girl that answered the door."

He looks down as she frowns, walking out of the house. He follows her out of the house and grabs her arm.

"Wait Tae."

"It's fine if you moved on. Maybe it's for the best."

She wipes away her tears as she continue walking to the car. Chris pulls her back and kiss her lips. She wraps her arms around him as he pulls her closer.

"I don't love her. I'm not going out with her. I have you and don't care what anyone say."

"Why is she in your house then?"

"She is my sister's roommate and they both temporarily live here."

"Yeah ok."

"Girl don't start that."

She giggles and kiss him.