Long Distance

Updated 6/1/2023

You have been ignoring Chris all day. He's going on tour for a few months after coming back from a previous one in the UK less than a month ago. You want to express how you feel because you feel like he cares more about his career than the relationship. Long distance just won't work because of all the uncertainty you'll both have while apart.

You walk in the bedroom and see Chris packing his stuff. You roll your eyes and lay on the bed in silence.

C: YN, you still mad at me?

He breaks the silence and you ignore him. He stops packing.

C: You answer me when I'm talking to you.

You grab your phone and start distracting yourself. He grabs your phone out of your hand.

Yu: Bro give me my phone back.

You get up as he raise his eyebrow.

C: Oh so I'm "bro" now?

You try to get your device, but he won't give it back.

Yu: Yo, stop fucking playing!

C: I'm not giving it back until you talk to me.

Yu: Why? You never wanted to talk when you planned another tour.

You jump up to snatch your phone out of his hand and turn your back.

C: Really YN? This is my career. We need the money!

You quickly turn back to face him.

Yu: You just ended a tour! And in case you didn't know, nigga you are The Chris Brown. You have nothing but money.

C: Are you being forreal right now babe?

Yu: You wanted me to talk? So now you're gonna listen. Do you have any idea how it feels to sit in this big fucking house alone? Having to think what you're doing when I'm not there?

C: You think I would cheat on you YN? Be fucking forreal.

Yu: LET ME FUCKING TALK!

You yell as he sighs loudly.

Yu: It's not that I don't trust you. I just feel as though you don't give a fuck about this relationship anymore because you are always gone.

You start tearing up as he looks at you.

Yu: Look. I love you with everything in me, but I refuse to sit here wasting my time in this relationship if it's going to be long distance. I didn't sign up for that, and you know it. I told you from the jump I don't like that shit.

It gets quiet for a moment.

Yu: Do what you wanna do dog. I don't even care anymore.

You wipe away your tears and go in the bathroom. You slam the door shut before sitting on the floor, trying not to cry.

I thought this could work. I really wanted this to work for us.

You think to yourself as the tears roll down your face. You then hear a few knocks on the door.

C: YN, baby, please open the door.

You stay silent as you wipe the tears off of your face.

C: I'm sorry, okay? I just thought bringing in the checks was helping us. I never thought about how you felt about it. Please just open the door.

You hesitate for some time before standing up and opening the door. You look up and see him staring at you.

C: I really am sorry baby.

He says as he looks into your red eyes.

C: I never meant to hurt you.

He says as he place his hand on your face. He wipes away some tears that fell and pulls you into a hug.

C: I promise, I'll make more time for us.

You wrap your arms around him as you embrace the hug.

Yu: I just wish you wasn't doing back to back tours.

You say in his chest as he kisses your forehead.
He rubs your shoulder before taking his phone out. You look at him as he focuses on his device.

C: Hey yall. I came on here to tell yall that I unfortunately decided to postpone the tour. I got a lot of things going on in my personal life right now that I have to handle.

You look at him shocked as he continues the recording.

C: I sincerely apologize for this inconvenience, but I got yall when we kick this back off. I love yall.

He stops the video and quickly post it on all his social medias. He put his phone away and looks back at you.

Yu: Chris, what are you doing?

C: I'm making time for us.

Yu: But you didn't talk with your folks yet.

C: I don't care. I'll talk to them tomorrow. Right now, my focus is on us.

You frown in guilt as he looks at you.

C: Stop feeling guilty, babe. The tour will still happen, just at a later date, so don't trip.

You sigh as he kisses your cheek.

Yu: Fine. What do you want to do?

He thinks for a second before responding.

C: How about I whip something quick for us to eat while you pick a movie for us to watch?

You smirk at his idea.

Yu: Sounds like a plan.

C: Cool. I'll be back.

He gives you a kiss before walking to the kitchen.

C: And don't be picking no lovey dovey shit either.

Yu: Don't worry about what's goin on over here! You try not to burn the house down!

C: Girl you know I'm the chef in this piece.

You laugh at him as you go to your drawer with all of your movies.