Our Kind of Love

It's been a couple of years since junior year of high school and since you've seen Chris. After graduation, him and his parents moved to California for college. It was a very heartbreaking experience for the both of you because you two love each other dearly and didn't want to leave. Soon after, you guys lost touch but you always think about him.

You are just walking out of your psychology class and walking to your dorm. A guy calls your name and you stop.

B: What's up ma?

Yu: Brandon what do you want?

B: I just want to talk to ya.

Yu: About what?

B: What are you doing tonight?

Yu: Homework, why?

B: My crew is thinking about going to a frat party. You wanna go?

Yu: Didn't I just tell you that I'm doing homework?

B: Come on, you have the whole weekend to do it. You can bring your girls if you want.

Yu: No thanks. I rather get my stuff done now before Sunday.

B: Alright I guess, but in case you change your mind, it's by the rec.

You nod your head as you walk away from him. Brandon has always wanted to be with you since he first laid eyes on you during moving day. He is attractive but he's not Chris. You walk in your room and put your bag down. You lay down on your bed and close your eyes. Memories of you and Chris pops in your head as you smile lightly. You just wish that he was at the same college as you. However, if he is happy where he is, then that's all that matters to you. You open your eyes and prepare to start on your homework.

Later That Night

You finally finish your homework and close your laptop. Your phone rings and you quickly pick it up.

Yu: Yes Ashley.

A: Are you going to that frat party tonight?

Yu: No, I'm not really feeling it tonight.

A: Come on, Brandon really wants you to be there.

Yu: He asked me earlier and I said no.

A: What?! You rejected Brandon? What have you been drinking?

Yu: Nothing, I just don't want to go.

A: I guess, well I'll tell you about it tomorrow. Love you boo!

Yu: Love you too, bye.

You hang up and move your hair out of your face. You hear a knock on the door as it interrupts your train of thought. You get up and open the door.

Yu: Chris?

C: What's up baby?

He pulls you in a hug as you wrap your arms around him. You are confused but kinda happy to see him. You close the door as he sits on the couch.

Yu: What are you doing here?

C: I wanted to come see you.

Yu: After not talking for two years?

C: I'm sorry ok? I have been busy.

Yu: Even if I was busy, I would have found time to call you.

C: Listen, I have been trying really. I never had a chance to do it successfully.

Yu: Whatever Christopher.

You are upset that it's been a couple years, but you really miss him. You sit down next to him and he pulls you closer.

C: So, how's it been for you?

Yu: Alright, I guess.

C: What you mean you guess?

Yu: Exactly what I mean.

He smiles as you keep a calm face.

Yu: What about you?

C: I am on the basketball team.

Yu: That's good. Since freshman year?

C: Yeah. Other than that, it was alright.

You raise your eyebrow.

C: Why you looking at me like that?

Yu: Nothing.

C: You raised your eyebrow, meaning that you are thinking about something.

Yu: It's nothing Chris.

You stand up and go to your fridge.

Yu: You want anything to drink?

C: I'm fine, thanks.

You grab a bottled water and sit back down.

C: Can I ask you something?

You take a sip of the water before answering.

Yu: Go ahead.

C: Do you still think about us?

Yu: Of course I do.

C: I do too. I really do miss you.

Yu: I miss you too, but distance is what's blocking us.

C: If we still have the love we had when we were sixteen, we shouldn't care about the distance.

Yu: How am I suppose to know whether or not you are with other girls over there?

C: Why would I be with someone else when I just want you?

You take a deep breath as he looks at you.

C: Do you remember when we were talking about proving our parents wrong about our love? I was your first for many things in your life and I want to continue being your first and only. I always remember when we made love for the first time in the little house behind your house.

You keep your eyes on him as he say those words.

C: I know you remember that too. I don't want you to be with another boy. I want you to be mine forever. I still want to prove that my parents are wrong about the kind of love we have for each other. I've always loved you.

He grabs your hand and wipe the tears off of your face. He leans in and kiss you as you close your eyes. Two years since your lips touched his and the spark is still there.

Yu: I love you too Chris.

He smiles as he continues kissing your lips.