Beat Him to It (I Wanna Be)

You and Chris have been friends since you two were itty-bitty. You have a boyfriend named Lucas, but Chris don't like him.

You open the front door and see Chris in front of you.

Yu: Hey Chris.

C: Wassup ma?

You hug him and let him in, closing the door behind him. You two sit down on the couch.

Yu: So wassup?

C: I kinda have to tell you something.

Yu: Ok?

C: It's about Lucas.

You look at him and raise your eyebrow.

Yu: Ok, what?

C: You remember Jennifer?

Yu: Yeah, the biggest hoe in high school?

C: They been hanging out a bit too much.

Yu: Chris, I know you don't like Lucas, but trying to break us up is crossing the line.

C: Ma, listen to me, he is fooling around with her. Why would I lie to you about this?

Yu: How am I suppose to believe you Chris?! You disliked him since we started dating! I'm sick of this.

You start walking towards the door, but Chris pulls you back.

C: I'm serious, YN, he is cheating on you. I asked one of my friends to follow them and take pictures of them.

He gives you the pictures and you look at every one of them. The sight of him kissing her, going in her house, and lord knows what they do next gets you really upset. You give them back to Chris and go upstairs to your room. You go in your closet and grab everything that reminds you of Lucas. You grab your box-cutting knife and start cutting everything up. Tears roll down your face.

Yu: That explains why you don't answer back late at night, you fucking cheater.

Chris walks in the room as you continue cutting things up.

C: YN stop! Calm down.

He wraps his arms around you as you continue crying.

C: Put the knife down.

You hesitate but drop it and drop to the floor, crying. Chris pulls you into a hug as you cry in his chest.

Yu: What did I do to deserve this?

C: Shh, it's not your fault. He is just a fuckboy.

Yu: I should have believed you when you knew something was wrong with him.

C: You learn from your mistakes, ma. You will be fine without him, I promise.

He wipes away your tears as you sigh.

Yu: I want to thank you for being here for me. I don't know what I'll do without you.

C: I just wish I beat him to it.

Yu: What?

You sit up and look at him.

C: YN, I've loved you since we were kids. I always wanted to be the one you love, the one who you depend on. Every time I try to make my move, someone else already took you. I'm not about to let it happen again. I want you to be my girl.

Yu: Chris shut up and kiss me.

He smiles and kiss your lips. You place your hand on his face as he pulls you closer towards him.

Yu: I need help taking this outside.

C: No problem baby.

You giggle as you both stand up.