Zachariah sat next to me and my mother on the other side. There was a bouquet of beautiful flowers in the center of the table which was covered with a white cloth and the ends of the cloth with embroidered with stones and colored threads. "The embroidery is so beautiful," I ran my hand through it.

"So as I was saying, this is very beautiful Zachariah, you did a great job designing it," mother said smiled again. Zachariah just blushed and mumbled a quick thank you, what I couldn't understand was why was she being so affectionate? Maybe I was just jealous. No matter what I did, even if I put my life on the line for her, she wouldn't still treat me like she treated Zachariah.

She looked at us and turned towards Zachariah, "where is your mom? Where is she? I thought we were meeting for planning the wedding."

"Ma'am she had to fly to Saudi Arabia for an urgent meeting, so she'll not be able to make it today, however she did say that she trusted your judgment and will feel delighted if you could tell her what you have decided via a phone call."

If it would have been someone else, I know my mom would have flipped and stormed out but she looked very delighted and pleased. She was almost too calm for my liking. Like the calm before a deadly storm.

"So when are we getting married?" I asked her, "what about my wedding dress, the cake, the venue and everything else? Who will be attending the wedding? When will granddad and mom arrive? What about-"

"You sure are more excited about the wedding than I thought you'll be," Zachariah said and winked at me and mother burst out laughing. What was she up to?

"You seemed rather surprised, why would you even think I'm not excited? My parents are practically selling me, I'm more than excited, I am thrilled!" I couldn't help but roll my eyes.

I don't know what happened to me but I lost it for a moment, I lost all control over myself and I wanted to cry and bang my head on the wall or someone else's for the matters. Suddenly everything felt a little more than okay.

Zachariah looked at me and smirked but my mother just glared at me and I was embarrassed and proud of myself all at the time same time.

"So what's the plan?" I asked them and looked at my mom who was still looking at me with her eyebrows raised.

"Well-"

Before Zachariah could say anything my mom interrupted him and she started speaking, "well you guys are getting married on Sunday and today is Wednesday so we have very little time in hand."

"Okay, so what's the plan?'' I asked her again, she was trying to skip my question. Was she even going to invite our extended family? Grandpa, ma, Gemma, her parents, my uncle, aunt and everyone else?

"When are they coming?" I asked again and continued, "When is everyone arriving?"

She looked at me and gulped. She took a sip of her coffee that the staff person has kept. I mean I was too preoccupied asking her questions that I didn't notice anyone around me.

"Well we could have them if you want to, we can have-"

Saying that I was angry was an understatement. I wanted to stand on the table and jump on it. I wanted to rip the table cloth of every table on the room and stomp all the flowers but then I just say there trying my best to control my anger.

"You were not planning on calling our family. Oh my god! Oh my god!" I said and put my hand on the table. I didn't know where this drama was coming from but for the first time I felt control over every emotion in my body and I wasn't ready to let it go so soon.

"Aria! Sit, what are you doing?" She hissed and turned around. I guess she was checking if someone was looking at us. No one was.

"You want me to sit down! Really? Really?" I narrowed my eyes at her. What the hell I supposed to do.

"Aria, I'll call them if you want them to. I'll invite them to the wedding if you want me to, just don't create a scene!" She said again, she was angry but she tried to keep her voice under control.

Then it all sunk in, I narrowed my eyes at her and she looked at me, for the first time in my life I saw her scared and when she looked at me again, all I could see was fear.

"You didn't tell them, did you? You didn't tell them that you are getting me married? Haven't you? That's why you haven't invited anyone! You're such a-"

Before I knew what I was doing, I got up and before she could stop me I stomped out of the place. I knew she needed money but I thought the whole family knew. Little did I know she hadn't told anyone about it?

"Aria listen!" I heard her speak. I turned around to look at her.

"I'll tell you what! Get lost. I completely get you're my mother and nobody has to me this selfish! Do you have any idea what you have put me through? Do you even have the slightest idea? Nobody does that to even their worst enemy!"

She looked at me and folded her arms across her chest. When she didn't say anything I looked at her and glared at her again.

"I don't understand why you don't see anything except money! You're one selfish lady! I know I shouldn't be talking to you like that but have you ever looked yourself in the mirror and asked yourself what am I doing?" I know I had said too much, I had said stuff that I didn't even think I would even say in my wildest dream. I knew Nanna would have been really upset because of me but it was high time I stood up for everything that I wanted.

I turned around and walked out of the gate and to my happiness, there was no paparazzi waiting outside the gate. I guess they were all sent away.

I started walking towards the left. I didn't realize that I had descended the stairs in my heels and I was now walking on a pavement.

"Wait up! Aria," I turned around to see Zachariah walking towards me. What was I supposed to do?

"What?" I asked him as he came towards me. I guess he had been following me for some time.

"What just happened?" He asked me as he put his hands on his knees and took some deep breaths.

"Well I kind of shouted at my mother and the worse thing Is that I'm not even sorry for what I said to her, I know she is my mother and all but I really want the reality to sink in and I want I feel guilty but I don't feel anything!" I told him honestly.

"You're so cute, Aria!" He said and he put his hands on my face. Before I knew what was happening he put his lips on mine. I was too shocked to even respond. He pulled away.

"Do you like waffles?" He asked me as he undid his coat jacket and continued, "I know a good place here, let's go!" He put his left hand in my right hand and pulled me towards the left, his hand never leaving mine.

Oh god, what had I gotten myself into?

__________________________
MTTBB is #1 in Teen Fiction Charts!