Omeeka Oneshot

Queens, New York
Onika T. Maraj
September, 2015

"Cookie you will never get a man dressing like that." I rolled my eyes pushing my glasses up.

"And you won't keep a man dressing like that." I wasn't popular in this school but I wasn't trying to be.

"But look at me Nic, you see how many numbers I get a day let me give you a makeover."

"Bye Salice

"Bye Salice." I rolled my eyes walking to class.

My name is Onika but you can Nicki or Cookie. I'm 17 and a senior at West Hood High in Philly. I wasn't really the popular type but I was close since Salice was my bestfriend.

I ran upstairs bumping into a tall figure in the process. Well since I was only 5'3 everyone was tall to me. "I'm sorry." I bent down to pick my books up.

He looked back smiling helping me. "You good lip mama, your run is cute tho." I giggled finally looking up and my gulped.

"You shouldn't be talking to me." I grabbed my books from him looking around awkwardly.

"I'm Meek I do whatever I want. Where you headed to." He looked at his watch.

"Sex Ed."

"You mean to tell me you've been in my class? Damn I never noticed you but that gives me a good reason to walk you."

I smiled small walking next to him through the hallways.

"Meek what are you doing?" We heard a voice behind us and turned around. It was Fah the head cheerleader.

"I was just walking a friend to class, is there a problem with that." Fah looked at me up and down laughing.

"Her? Your friend? Meek look at her anyways I need you to pick up Papi from my moms house today since it is your week to have him."

He nodded pulling me away from her, I guess he could see the look I had on my face. "Don't stress her, I give her a baby and she think we married and shit." I giggled.

Robert R. Williams

All class period I actually got to know Nicki. She was cool and a great person to talk to.

"So where'd you get Meek from?"

"My middle name Rihmeek." She nodded.

"Where'd you get Cookie from." I looked at her staring.

"Well I don't really know, after a while my friends just started calling me that." The bell rung. We walk out of class downstairs to our locker which wasn't that far from eachother.

"Hey bro, who's this." Na said smiling all in Nic's face.

I chuckled. "This is Nicki, my new bestfriend." Nicki smiled widely looking up at me then at Na.

"Your pretty I'm Na his chocolate ass sister." Na pulled her into a hug.

"Nice to meet you." She looked around until she spotted who she was looking for.

"I have to go, thanks for being nice to me Meek." She rubbed my arm before walking away. I watched her licking my lips.

"Stop drooling and what will Fah have to say about this? You know she finds any reason to keep you from Papi." I nodded walking with her to the front of the school.

"Fah a nut that's why. I'm picking him up today so I'll pick up Denim if you want me to."

She nodded kissing my cheek walking over to her car. I walked towards my car to where my boys stood.

"Hey young'ns." We got into my car packed.

"Meek I saw you with nerdy today. You hitting that." Pmon said making the other boys laugh.

"No she's my new bestfriend. She cool and she gone be around me often so y'all with fuck with her or you don't."

Tak nodded stuffing a leftover cafeteria burger in his mouth.

"Stop eating in my car fat ass." I drove to their houses dropping them off until I reached Fah's mama house, I knocked waiting.

"Hey son haven't seen you in awhile." I scratched my head at her calling me "son".

"Yeah is Papi ready." She nodded handing me his bookbag and stuff toy.

"Papi your daddy is here." She yelled. "Meek can I talk to you in the kitchen." I nodded following her into the kitchen.

"Wassup."

"I've been thinking about you and Fah. You two should get together for the sake of Papi. This isn't good for him." I sighed rolling my eyes unnoticeably.

"No disrespect Ms. Jones but I don't need to be with Fah for my son to be good. My son will be good regardless." With that I went back into the living room waiting for Papi.

Onika T. Maraj

"Soooo is it true?" Salice asked popping some pineapples in her mouth.

"Is what true?"

"You hung with basketball player Meek Williams."

I was confused on what the big deal was. "Yes he calls me his bestfriend but how did you know?"

"I'm a cheerleader Cookie, the whole time at practice Fah just kept talking about it I'm surprised we even got some practicing in today."

"Fah is nobody but his babymama and it's not even serious." I shrugged biting my lip.

"ItS nOt EveN ThaT sEriOuS." I giggled rolling my eyes opening my blue raspberry Fanta.

"Whatever Salice. He's cute but he wouldn't date a girl like me."

"If he could get Fah monkey looking ass pregnant what makes you think he wouldn't date you? Your beautiful Nicki and your body is better than half those bitches in that school. Maybe meek can make you realize that."

I sighed laying back taking in all he words. It's not like I wasn't ugly but I didn't feel pretty either.

~ thoughts ? Excuse All Errors!