Bad Things

Nicki

"Onika come now", I heard my fiancé yell from the front room and rolled my eyes.

"Yes Erin", We've been engaged for three years well because neither of us wants to get married.

E: "I have an important dinner in an hour so I would appreciate if you go get dressed and dress Essence".

I nodded leaving to Essence room, she was his daughter he had four years ago with another woman and although she wasn't mine, I never treated her any different.

"Mommy look", She said showing me her princess book.

"It's beautiful baby but we have to get you dressed so daddy won't be mad", I sighed thinking of how he gets when he's mad.

E: "Okay mom"

I smiled dressing her and sat her back on her bed to do her hair, she was half Puerto Rican so her hair was amazingly long.

"There all done now watch tv while mommy go get dressed", I kissed her cheek leaving the room, "Essence is ready babe".

I walked into our closet picking out a nude dressed that stopped just above my knees, "I hope this is okay", I slipped on my nude heels and did my hair into a high ponytail.

*Doorbell*

"Tanya get the door", I rolled my eyes at his use of my middle name. I walked downstairs opening the door.

"Hello I'm Nicki nice to meet you", I moved to the side letting them in making sure not to look in their face. Erin had rules that I had to follow or else there would be consequences:

1. Don't disobey him
2. Don't wear any small clothing around other people
3. Don't have no conversations longer than a minute
4. Never say no to him
5. Never look any man in the face

"Your to beautiful to be looking down", I felt a tall presence in front of me and by what I could see he was very civil.

I nodded and continued to look down, "I'm up here", He gripped my chin lifting my head so that our eyes met he was gorgeous or rather very handsome.

"Uh thank you", I moved away from him awkwardly, "I'm--".

"Tanya my wife", Erin smiled standing next to me gripping my hip tightly, I knew I fucked up.

M: "She can speak for herself can't she? I'm Meek by the way...His boss"

Meek smirked walking away, I looked up catching Erin's death stare, "This dress is to small don't you think", He whispered leading me to the diner table.

"Beautiful place you have Erin", His coworker said to friendly for my liking, I felt eyes on me and looked up catching Meek's stare and blushed. I've seen Meek before but never quite knew who he was.

E: "Onika go get the dessert, make yourself useful"

I felt my jaw clench as I stood up going into the kitchen that was right around the corner, "Where's your bathroom man", I heard Meek ask.

"Right around there, Onika cone show him the bathroom", I rolled my eyes for the 10th time that night I was tired and doing stuff for him all night wasn't on my agenda.

"Right this way", I led him to the bathroom turning to leave, "Nicki". I felt hands being placed on my hip as he pulled me into the bathroom locking the door.

M: "Why do you let him treat you like that"

I shrugged looking over Meek for the first time, The waves, the grills, he was everything a girl could ask for.

Meek

I lifted up her head disgusted, I couldn't believe anyone could treat a beautiful girl like this.

"Your beautiful you know that", She shook her head no. I sighed knowing it would take time to get her out of her shell, "You might want to go before he gets mad", I opened the door letting her out shaking my head. Growing up on the streets I never seen to much girls like her but I could tell a good girl anywhere and Nicki was indeed a good girl.

I walked out of the bathroom taking a seat back at the table finally seeing the little girl, "She's beautiful is that y'all daughter", I smiled looking at her.

E: "She's my daughter, Nicki just takes care of her"

I felt my jaw clench up, Nicki wiped her face excusing herself from the table I chuckled angrily looking up at him, "Sorry to cut this dinner short but I have to go handle some important business", I grabbed my keys leaving.

E: "Boss did I do something"

"It's everything you didn't do" "Jackass", I said whispering the last part, I felt for Nicki being that I witnessed my mom treated the same way it broke my heart.

"Thank you for coming, I'm sure Onika enjoyed your company", He smirked waving.

I chuckled driving off, "You have no idea", I shook my head knowing I had to see him again tomorrow.

I decided I could never give up on my supporters , 💓