Riley Breakdown

Sasha walked out of the elevator and headed towards Riley room when she received a phone call Sasha immediately answered it not checking the caller ID.

"Hello." Sasha said. "Hi is this Sasha Banks?" A lady asked, "Yes is this news about Maya Matthews-Hart Hunter?" Sasha questioned but only received silence making Sasha uneasy.

"I'm sorry but Maya didn't make it she lost a lot of blood and the damage she received with the knife hit a vital..." Sasha didn't hear the rest for she couldn't believe that Maya is really dead this time. When Riley saw the news she refused to believe that Maya is dead because she knew deep in heart that she's alive but now she's officially dead.

Sasha knew that she had to break the news to Riley and watch her breakdown because she lost the love of her life on the same day she gave birth to Sabrina and Barry.

Sasha walked towards Riley's room and in the waiting room she saw Maya's parents, Matthews, and her friends who were all sorrow for Maya death, and as she walked towards Riley room she saw Scott seating next to Cory.

"Grandpa Cory, why are you and everyone else crying? Where's my mommy I haven't seen her since this morning? And why can't I see my mom?" Scott asked but all he received was a hug not knowing that he lost his mother.

Sasha became more sadder hearing that from Scott, Sasha entered Riley's room and the sight in front of her broke Sasha heart into a million pieces.

There were tissues around Riley's bed and Riley crying her heart out as she held Maya's jean jacket and hugged it tightly as tears fell on the jean jacket. Sasha immediately ran towards Riley and hugged her as she let Riley cry in her shoulder trying her best to calm down Riley but nothing worked.

"She's dead! She's dead! Maya's dead! She wasn't supposed to die she promised me that she wouldn't die that she'll come back to me! Maya always comes back but... this time... she didn't!" I don't want to live in a world without Maya. I didn't just lose my wife today but the mother of my children, best friend, my other half, and soulmate! I don't wanna feel this awful pain inside me! It hurts, its hurt! Please make this pain stop! Please!" Riley cried out to Sasha who gently rubbed Riley's back but cried as well.

"Today was the happiest day for Maya and I because Sabrina and Barry were born and finally got to see and carry them, and now this day has become the saddest day in my entire life! Because Maya died on the day our children were born! How... how do you expect me to tell Scott that his mother, idol, the person who understood him and bonded with him instantly is dead..." Before Riley could continue the door closed and the two girls saw Scott with tears falling down his eyes.

"Scott..." Riley and Sasha said but before they could continue, "Wha... what do you mean!?" Scott asked and realization hit Scott." Your lying my mommy not dead! She's invincible... she can't be beaten... she'll be back... just you watch... she wouldn't leave us! She promised to always be by my side! She never breaks her promises! Never!" Scott said with tears Riley got up for the first time and picked Scott up and laid him in the bed as he cried for he couldn't believe that his mom his dead.

Sasha quietly left giving the two time alone  she'll tell Riley later about Maya body being in the hospital. Riley hugged Scott as he cried loudly not accepting that his mom is dead and won't be coming back.

"I know it hurts, Scotty, but sometimes really terrible things happen to amazing people. I want you to know that even though she's gone she will be with us inside our hearts and will be watching and protecting us because that's the kind of person Maya is and she loves us and your baby brother and sister. Will see her again and she'll be protecting us, and always remember that Maya loved you she felt a instant connection with you." Riley said softly as she kissed Scott on the top of head as Scott was still crying for he couldn't believe what was happening.

"I'm gonna miss her, mom. But I promise I'll take care of you just like mommy did I'll take care you, Sabrina, Barry, and the rest of our family and friends no matter what, and I'll tell Sabrina and Barry stories about mommy, so they can know that our mommy is a hero." Scott replied with small smile that Riley returned.

As the two hugged Riley remembered a conversation that Maya and Riley had after their first date.

"Riley are memories are the only thing that keeps me from falling apart. You keep me from falling apart and I can't imagine you in my life." Maya said as she stroked Riley cheek.

A few hours pass and Riley and Scott are holding Sabrina and Barry as Scott looked at his family he promised to himself that he'll protect his family no matter what just like his mommy did for them.

Maya stood in the corner smiling at her family glad that their safe from any danger.

"No matter where I am or where I go. Will always be in each other's hearts. So never feel sad because I'm always there for you." Maya said and for a split second Riley could've sworn she saw Maya smiling at them.

Next chapter epilogue