“Sure. Let’s go.” With that, we walk in. There are a lot of people.  Most of which are standing in groups, and a few are reading in their books, while taking notes. We sit down at a table, and a guy comes over after a few seconds saying hi to Leo.  He sits down on Leo’s other side.

He is tall, about a head taller than me; I would guess. He has dark blond hair and eyes you could swim in. He is really well built, and he’s wearing a t-shirt that is tight and shows off his muscles. He is really handsome, and there’s no doubt he could find a date at the drop of a hat. 

“So, what’ve you up to?  I haven’t seen you since Tuesday.” The guy asks Leo. I didn’t really know what to do so I just look at the door, waiting for the teacher to come.

“I have been with my sis and her new roomie. Oh, I totally forgot!” Leo says turning to me. “Lea, this is Derek; Derek, this is Lea. Lizzies new roommate.” He says gesturing between us.

“Oh, hi. I’m sorry I didn’t see you there. So, what brings you here, why are you starting late?” Derek asks sticking his hand out to shake my hand.

“Oh, mmm. Just needed to make a change. So, are you pre-med as well?” I ask trying to change the subject.

“Well, yeah. Even though I don’t know if I want to be a doctor. I mean I want to, but Leo and I are trying to become warriors. And, well, maybe it would be fun to travel around being that.” Oh, he is a wolf as well. I should have known, should have smelled him, but I always forget that. Wait what did he say?

I turn around facing Leo. “You want to be in the IW, Leo? You could have told me that, that is so cool. That was why your mother wanted you to train me?” I ask him, looking surprised.

Warriors are kind of like the police/SWAT in wolf world. It is really hard to become one, and if you did, you could choose to stay in your pack and handle the problems there or you can join the IW, international warriors.

IW is an organization of warriors who travel around the world taking care of rouge problems or hunting the hunters. If a wolf has gone crazy or became or murder or anything and the pack can’t handle them or they are on the run, IW are the ones you call. Warriors in a pack do the same; they just only handle the pack problems.

As IW you have to listen to the Alphas orders and live by the packs rules, but an Alpha wouldn’t have that big of an effect on you anymore. If you stay in the pack, the Alpha still had power over you, but a little less. Of course you don’t just have to be strong; you have to have the right mind to be IW, as well.

“Yeah. But I think I will stay in the pack and finish my studies, but, yes, that is why my mother insisted.” He says smiling shyly.

“What do you mean train her? Why does she need training?” Derek asks looking confused.

“Well, you see, in my old pack women don’t really have the opportunity to be trained.  The males don’t think that it’s a good idea for us to become warriors or just defenders if hunters or rouges come. So, the only training a female will get is from family.  It’s up to the father to teach the daughters how to defend themselves, and since I’m an orphan, I haven't really had any training.” I say, shrugging. I had to admit; I would love to be able to kick some ass.