It did nothing to calm him down. He wanted to torture whoever it was that dared to break his daughter's heart.

"Pati kay Dylan at Kiro, nakasampol din siya. Just to prove a point."

He knew what was in it for his only daughter, and all the boys who'd try to make a move. Five brothers, as though she was older than four of them, meant a huge lot when it comes to protecting.

But then, he had to put her first. She was absolutely the sweetest thing since his wife, she turned out to be an exact replica. He's been trying to wrap his mind around boys falling at her feet, but all too soon, she's been played.

"Where's Ky?"

-----------------------

"Ma, bakit ang sakit?" Her fifteen year old daughter cried against her chest.

"Oh baby, wag mo sabihing mahal mo iyong lalaking yon!" A quick response prevailed.

"I don't, ma! But I liked him a lot." Reassuringly, Kathryn runs her fingers through Ky's waist long hair.

To admit it all, she was relieved to hear that her daughter did not love the guy yet - but she was still amidst pain.

"Then it is going to hurt. We are not protected from the pain that can be inflicted by other beings, yun ang katotohanan sa mundong kinalalagyan natin, e. Especially if you have feelings for that person."

"But it will stop?" Her voice was laced with hope. Kathryn nods. "It will stop."

"When will it stop?"

The question had no definite answer. How was she supposed to answer that? "It's all in God's perfect timing."

"Do I deserve this, ma? I know I'm not a perfect daughter, but I don't think I deserve this." She winced. Heck.

"Oh honey, you may not be perfect, but you've been the daughter I've always wanted. Yes, you don't deserve this - but God has given you this trial to see how you will overcome it. And I want you to show God that you will stand strong, and that your faith in him was not swayed by this. Sometimes, God sends people to come into our lives, but they're not meant to stay for the rest of it all."

Two brown eyes stared up at her. "Nasaktan ka na ba, ma?"

Kathryn heaves out a long sigh. "Your father made some stupid decisions before that surely broke my heart."

"But you healed?"

"Yes, I did. His acts left a few scars, pero... Mahal ko talaga siya, e. Nagusap kami, nagkapaliwanagan, umiiyak na nga siya nun e." It was the first time she ever saw him cry.