Chapter 48

I woke up in my bed to Shawn yelling in the hallway outside my bedroom door, and I sat up. Looking at the clock, it was 9:30 pm.

¨What do you mean you didn't do it?¨ I heard him scream to someone.

There was a brief moment of silence when I thought he was done and I laid back down on my bed and shut my eyes, trying to fall back to sleep as I remembered the pounding in my head as it returned.

¨Dont tell me that!¨ he shouted again, causing me to groan and pop my eyes open again.

¨Nope, no,¨ he continued to say a little quieter.

I decided to get out of my bed and look through the crack of my door. I saw Shawn on his phone, his face red and neck vein sticking out. I opened the door to show myself and he frowned. I mouthed it wasn't him who woke me and pointed to the bathroom at the end of the hall. I followed my point after and walked to the bathroom. Once in there, I thought about who and why he was calling. Using what he said, I could infer it was either something about his tour or Emily.

"No! Emily, I will not do that!" My thoughts were confirmed a second later. Flushing the toilet, I walked out of the bathroom and by Shawn.

"What are you going to do if I don't do it?"Shawn's voice seemed to have a serious tone, and his face dropped.

A few feet from my door, I went back to where Shawn was standing and hugged him. Brushing me off, he continued his conversation.

"I can't," he started. "It's not going to happen. I can't."

What the-? I thought as I slipped into my bedroom and went to my bed to soothe the pounding headache growing in my head. I drifted off to sleep when Shawn came into my room, waking me slightly. He looked at me and smiled a sad smile.

"I love you," he said to my half-awake self as he brushed my wild blonde hair from my face. "I would never let anyone hurt you again." He sounded disappointed.

"Don't feel bad," I murmured. "I will always."

He climbed onto my bed and curled around me. My body feeling safe next to his, I knew I could never leave him and he would never leave me. For the longest time, we sat there, and I was dozing off every now and then. His phone rang and woke us up again. He grabbed it, groaned and hung up. He tossed his phone across the floor and apologized. Eventually, we ended up asleep together, worries aside.

Getting up that morning was rough. I got up before him and need to untangle myself from his arms without waking him. I got through without waking him and slowly got off he bed and walked over to pick up his phone to put it on the charger for the day. I grabbed it and saw about thirty messages from a number and there were a few threats. Having enough of it, I called the number.