Chapter 10

Wednesday

Basketball season came to a halt on Tuesday since winter break started on Tuesday. I had briefly talked to Shawn over the past 3 days but didn't really have much time as he was busy and I was kind of busy.

I texted Shawn at 8am and waited for 3 hours for him to text back. I went last minute Christmas shopping with my mom. We went to a lot of places and got done around 5 pm. I hadn't checked my phone all day. I checked it once we were in the car and driving to a restaurant for dinner. I had a text from Shawn.
He said:

Come down tomorrow. I'll be there at around 2am tomorrow morning...so anytime after noon would be good...so I can like sleep!

"Mom, he said tomorrow. Is that ok?" I asked, looking at her staring at the road.

"Yes. I talked to your dad yesterday. You can take my car, be safe though."

"Thank you!" I screamed.

"Yup. It better be worth your time."

Thursday couldn't come any sooner. I got up super early to get ready Thursday morning. 6am. I had to look ok to meet Shawn. I picked out my cutest Shawn outfit and did my hair and makeup. I wanted to look natural like I did in the picture I sent him. I flat ironed my hair and put it into a waterfall braid. I did my makeup perfectly and then got dressed. By the time I was ready it was 8 am. I had to leave at 10 to get up there by noon. To waste the rest of my time I ate breakfast and watched Shawn's videos on YouTube for like the 15th time.

By the time it was 10, my whole family was up and at 'em

By the time it was 10, my whole family was up and at 'em. They all wished me good luck and I grabbed my keys, phone, and purse, put on my shoes and left.

As I was in the car, Shawn texted me to have a safe trip and he couldn't wait.

More like I can't wait, I thought.

About half way there, I called my friend, Eva, (Loves_a_Bitch) who I call Worm. She lives in the town I was going to. I met her playing basketball in 7th grade. She's their best

"Hey Worm," I greeted her as she picked up
.
"Hi, Pill Bug," which was her nickname for me since I couldn't stay on my own two feet to save my life...it evolved from roly poly to pill bug,

"I'm coming up your way to meet Shawn Mendes. Want to hang?" I asked. After I asked that, she asked what I was doing meeting Shawn and I told her the story. She didn't believe me.

"There's no way."

"I know right. But there is," I told her. "By the way, why didn't you tell me Shawn was performing in your mall." I then scolded her.

"Uhm, I don't pay as close attention to that as you do. How come you didn't know about it?" She used as an excuse.

  "I don't know. It wasn't anywhere online or around here. He just told me about it last weekend," I explained. "I got to go, text me info if you want to hang out."

"Ha! So you didn't know I couldn't know! Anyways, yeah of course. I don't think it's gonna work but aight." And she hung up.

  I drove the rest of the way there listening to Shawn's music as I did the first half of the way there. I got there around 11:45 and didn't want to be early so I went and looked around the mall. He said he would meet me in the back parking lot of the mall at noon so I had 15 minutes. I went to American Eagle and left at once because it was packed. I went to Rue 21 and bought a perfume, gold, and left to go meet Shawn.

I walked out the back entrance doors and saw his tour bus sitting there. I started to get light headed and took a deep breath. I walked towards it and he popped out from around the corner.

"Hey Alyssa!" He shouted, hugging me.

I just about died in his arms. I started crying and he hugged me tighter.

 I started crying and he hugged me tighter