Chapter 40

"What does it say?" Hayes asked feeling his pockets to find his phone.
    "You want to read it or do you want me to read it out loud?" Nash asked us.
      "I don't care," I mumbled trying to get Eva to come over to us.
"What?" She shouted finally looking at me.
"Come here," I managed to say before Nash tapped on my shoulder. "Yea?" I asked surprised.
"I'm gonna read it ok?"
"Yeah."
"Cam's not so good. He may need surgery. We are stuck in traffic and the driver said it's going to be awhile."
"Oh my gosh," Hayes said. "Dude, are you okay?" He asked his brother who was close to tears.
        "Yeah. Just I don't want him to die, you know?" Nash blubbered to us.
         "Calm down and sit ," Leslie shouted at us when we all started crying again. That set Eva off. Again.
       "Jesus woman! Do you like have a heart?!"
      "I thought I told you to stop," Leslie fought.
      "You did. Doesn't mean I'm going to listen," Eva still standing on the chair shouted.
By now literally everyone nearby was watching and it was kind of funny and it was just what we needed to keep our spirits up.
"Do I need to kick you out?" Leslie asked Eva.
"Would you?" Eva challenged.
"Probably not," an elderly man answered before Leslie.
"Thank you sir," Eva thanked,blowing the man a kiss.
"Really?" Leslie looked fed up by this point. She stood up out of her chair exposing how incredibly short and stubby she really was.
"Do you want to deal with me?"
"Yes," the man said.
By then our crying went to laughing. Eva wouldn't stop either.
"You want to threaten an elder like that?"
"Uhm," Leslie was at a loss of words and her face turned scarlet.
     "Exactly!"
      The phone at the front desk rang and Leslie shuffled as fast as she could to go answer it.
      "Hello?"
       There was a bit of silence and Leslie waved us over.
      "Okay thank you!" She said into the phone and looked at us. "Something terrible happened to your friends." She actually looked sincere. This caused Eva to get off the chair and walk over to join us.