Chapter 35

As Shawn and I heard the screech, we turned to the direction it came from. It was Emily. Shawn's ex. She was jogging over as fast as she could. She was so prissy. What was Shawn thinking? He goes from someone like that to me. I didn't deserve Shawn. That's when I first started to doubt myself.
     "What?" He said to her as Emily got to us.
     "I thought you said that you weren't going to date her anymore," she spat.
     "Uhm. I never said anything related to that. I would never leave Alyssa. No matter what," he fought side hugging me.
"What were you saying at breakfast then?"
"That I would never leave her, you don't listen do you? You never did," he said in a voice so loud it was almost a scream.
"Shut up!" She screamed back.
That's when I knew why Shawn broke up with her. I felt a little bit better about myself.
"You can not do that to him!"I meekly shouted at her.
"What did you just say to me?" She tilted her head my way, taking off the sunglasses on her eyes. I could see her face for the first time- she was a model for American Eagle. No wonder she thought she was better than everyone else. (A|N SORRY IF THAT OFFENDED ANYONE! ITS ALL I COULD COME UP WITH)
    "I told you to leave him alone," I spoke calmly.
    "Why?"
    "Because just because you don't like him doesn't mean you get to bully him."
    "Oh stop!" She shoved her hand in my face. "You need me back," she continued to Shawn.
     "So that's what this is about," I heard Shawn mumble.
    "What?"
    "I said this is what this is about!" He shouted at her. I'd never think Shawn could get so angry. The vein that usually sticks up when he sings was stinking out as he was shouting.
"Can you leave now?" I finally got the courage to say.
"Ok. Enough of you," she said to me.
"Leave her out if this," Shawn protected me. "I thought we talked everything you wanted to that morning. Why didn't you say you wanted me back then?" I gulped, close to tears. Was he seriously saying he would have taken her back then. "Because no matter when you ask me it would be no, so it would've been easier then."
I was able to breathe again and she huffed and turned around.
"Your loss!" She shouted a few feet away.
"Sorry about that." Shawn apologized.
"It wasn't you," I told him. "You didn't plan it."
"I could have stopped it."
"Not really," I fought. He couldn't. Emily was Emily and Shawn doesn't control her.
      "I could have not dated her," he stated.
      "You never knew the future though," I fought back again.
      "But I-" I cut him off by getting on my tippy toes and kissing him.