Chapter 3

We took the bus home because neither of us had cars yet. On the ride home, we both read fanfics on Wattpad.

"Was your's updated yet?" I asked Sam peering over her seat, which was in front of me.

"Yea. You?" She looked at me with a bored look.

"No," I groaned. "Do we have practice? I've been so confused with the schedule with all the snow days and rescheduled games."

"No," she told me with smile. She was as happy as I was that we didn't have practice on a Friday.

"Ok."

We both went into our own worlds until we got off the bus. We walked to my house together and entered the back door since it's always unlocked.

"Hey, Mom!" I shouted as we went through the door.

"Hi. Let me guess, you brought Sam," she guessed.

"Yup," I answered.

"I'll put a pizza in the oven."

"Thanks, Mom 2!" Sam shouted her thank you.

We loped up the stairs to my bedroom. My bedroom is painted white with a king sized bed with a light teal bedspread. It also has a large four paned window that overlooks our backyard and swing set my little brother, Braden used to play on all the time. It also contained my desk and like a lot of Shawn Mendes stuff.

"So, do you actually want to do homework or just sit and talk?" Sam asked as we sat down on my bed.

"Up to you."

"Let's not. You should make that fan account on Twitter now," Sam beamed, staring at me.

Sam has had this idea since last years' softball season. We had a softball Twitter page and so she thought about me and my Shawn Mendes "obsession" as she calls it.

"I know you wanted to wait but maybe you should do it now. We aren't doing anything right now so we have time now, you don't have to be really active now, just when you gain a lot of followers," she continued.

"That's an if. And let's do it if you really want me to, grab my phone," I told her.

She kind of squealed (which she never does) and ripped my phone off the charger and lobbed it to me from across the room.

I turned it on and opened Twitter. I signed out of my main account, which I never used except to look at Shawn Mendes's posts and our sports account. I clicked on the join now tab and began.