Chapter 8

Getting a response instantly, it blew my mind. He was always busy on tour and recording, it surprised me. I read the dm out loud again.

"I really just want to get to know my fans more and stuff. I want to know more about you as a person. Can you send me a picture of yourself please?"

"You have to," Sam barked at me when I finished.  

"Then, let's do it," I agreed with a smile.

I had to look decent since it was Shawn Mendes. I couldn't try to hard, he once said in an interview he liked girls who are natural and don't try too hard to be fake. I quickly threw on a Shawn shirt I usually wear and a pair of skinny jeans. I quickly flat ironed my hair and put mascara and lip gloss on. I was ready.

     That took about 15 minutes

That took about 15 minutes. I asked Sam to take the picture. She seized my phone out of my lap and tapped open the camera. She told my to smile and I did. She turned the phone to face me and showed the the picture; it wasn't that bad.

I sent the picture to Shawn with nerves so bad I could barf. I already regretted sending him a picture. I kept thinking I looked terrible. This all ended when I got a dm back from Shawn.

Nice pic!😉

I nearly cried. I did actually; happy tears though. Sam came over and asked what was up. I showed her his response and she flipped more than me.

"Hey, you have another dm from him," she said as she looked at my phone.

"What?" I asked dumbfounded.

"I'll give you my number and we can text? This dming thing is really driving me insane," she read the dm. She then read out a number.

I grabbed my phone back and started to type
in his number into my contacts.

"Calm girl," Sam ordered me.

I calmed myself and texted the number.

Hey.

Since we both had Apple devices, I could see when he read it and when he was typing. He read it straight away and begun typing. He sent me a selfie of himself and said hi and that it was really him, so I would know.

 He sent me a selfie of himself and said hi and that it was really him, so I would know