Chapter 27 "Jinx"

Start from the beginning

Shaylynn: Hi Chrysti, how's everything going back there?

Chrysti: Girl, why are you texting me? You're suppose to be enjoying yourself and your husband!

Shaylynn: He's taking a shower.

Chrysti: And.....why aren't you in there with him??????

Shaylynn: To be honest, I really don't know. I guess I just didn't feel like going in. So, how is everything going there? Have you been keeping an eye on Sam?

Chrysti: Everything is fine! A couple of false alarms and some other things, but nothing we can't handle or for you to worry about. Yes, I've been keeping my eyes on her and monitoring her cell phone and radio. You know she's cut from the same cloth as you! I really would feel sorry for any terrorist if you two joined forces!

Shaylynn: You know I'm going to worry! As for Sam, things I've been through in the past with terrorists, I'll be damned if she goes through what I've experienced! She'll always be my little sister! Unless someone freezes me and she by passes me by eight years, I'll always look out for her and make sure these assholes don't hurt her! Especially this case she's working on. I asked Kelly about it to see if he remembered anything since 51 was the ones who showed up at the building explosion. He told me he remembered a little, something about this guy being branded a domestic terrorist by the FBI. You know how I feel about foreign terrorists and you especially know how I feel about domestic ones. I told you he was a sociopath!

Chrysti: I know you will always worry, but you need to stop! You need to let other's help! You can't do everything yourself! And yes, I know how you feel about domestic terrorists. We all feel the same way about them!

Shaylynn: Just keep your eyes on her and keep listening in on her cell and radio!

Chrysti: Yes, Ma'am! Enough about here, what's it like there?

Shaylynn: It's beautiful! We went out exploring today and leave it to Kelly, he found a golf course.

Chrysti: You're kidding! He didn't go golfing, did he?!

Shaylynn:

Chrysti: I stand corrected! What about you? What did you do? Did you get to see anything?

Shaylynn: I drove the golf cart. I think that's the last time I'll go golfing with him. He apparently didn't like the way I drove it around. He told me the golf cart isn't my Camaro. ;)

After golfing, we went exploring and found a waterfall.

Chrysti: LOL! I'm glad you were able to go and do something.

Shaylynn: Kelly just came out of the bathroom. I'll see you in a couple of days!

Chrysti: Enjoy the rest of your time there with your husband!

Severide walks outside to where Shaylynn is, "Why didn't you come and take a shower with me?" he asks her.

"I wanted to check in with back home and see how things were going before it got late back there" she tells him.

"And, how is everything?" he asks her.

"Everything's okay" Shaylynn tells him while looking at the ocean.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Remember to keep reading "Broken Promises"........