chapter 17: Is Someone After Natsume?

Começar do início

"They said at the scene of the explosion, they found all of Mizuki's stuff missing. Her photos, everything. The only thing left was a journal, that one of the scientists working under her wrote. In that journal it explained everything, about what Mizuki was doing and what she wanted to accomplish. This journal proved that Mizuki created those beasts and that she in fact, is responsible for Natsume being poisoned. It was a special potion she made years ago, before Mizuho's mother was born. She also wants to keep the village under her control." Satomi sat forward, she was angry that someone had the guts to target a Fairytail member. 

"That means Natsume is in danger." Just as Wendy said, that Satomi's phone went off. "Hello? What's wrong Mizuho? The chief is what?! Okay, see ya in a little." Satomi hung up the phone, and quickly stood up out of her seat. "What is it?" Erza asked, looking up at her. "Mizuho said that Lucy thinks that someone was there, when you guys were there to get Natsume. As if someone was watching you. Mizuho said that her mother hasn't seen the Chief since this morning. She is taking everyone back to the house. I'm going to meet them there." Satomi looked to Erza, "Well, then we're going as well." She sipped her tea with her eyes closed.

"Erza?" Natsume had climbed out of bed, and headed downstairs where everyone else was. "Natsume, what are you doing out of bed?" Freed rushed to her side, helping her sit down. "I remember something that happened before the explosion. I know that someone is after me and I have a theory of who it is. Erza, I'm scared. What if the same person going after me is going to after Lucy, or Gray? Or you and Natsu?" Natsume looked Erza straight in the eyes, she was worried about them. 

"I've never seen her this scared before. Something bad is about to happen, I just feel it." Erza thought to herself, she then put a hand over Natsume's.

"Natsume, there's nothing you have to worried about. That person will be stopped no matter what. So don't worry." She gave her a warm smile, "Erza's right. Whoever is after you, will be stopped." Freed said, with his hand on her shoulder. "Thanks Erza. Freed." Natsume gave them a warm smile. "Alright, let's get going." Erza stood up, "Where are we going?" Natsume looked up at the redhead, "Back to the chief's house. We're going meet up with everyone else at the house." Laxus picked Natsume up bridal style from her seat, making her blush. 

"Hey, what are you doing? Put me down! Laxus!" Natsume squealed, as she started to become flustered. "You're still recovering so instead of walking, I'm gonna carry you." He said to her and she blushed.

They got in the magic mobile and headed towards the house. "Natsu, she'll be okay. When Satomi called, she said she was in recovery mode." Lucy put her hand over his, "I know, it's just unsettling that someone is after her." He said, looking down. "Yeah, I know what you mean." Gray looked down, "We're here. And so is Erza!" Mizuho called, and they all got out.

"Erza!" Lucky rushed over to the redhead, who was talking with Satomi. She turned around and picked up lucky, who started crying. "Hey Erza, how is she?" Gray asked, "She's gonna be just fine. She's over there." She threw her thumb over her shoulder in the direction where natsume was, talking to Freed and Laxus. "Natsume!!" Lucky flew over to her pink haired friend and tackled her. 

"Lucky, what are you doing here?" She patted her pink furred friend on the head. "You're okay!! I was so worried about you!!" Lucky cried into her, "I'm sorry, I worried you. I didn't mean to make you cry. Can you forgive me?" Natsume asked, with a small smile. 

"Yeah, just promise you won't get hurt again!" Lucky cried more, "I promise on Natsu's grave." She smiled, making Laxus and Freed laugh.

"Natsume!!" Natsu rushed forward towards her, throwing his arms around her. "Natsu, what's gotten into you? Hey guys," She waved, giving them a warm smile as her brother hugged her. "Thank god you're feeling a lot better. Thanks to Wendy. Thanks for healing my sister, Wendy." Natsu turned to her, putting his sister down. "It's no problem." She smiled, "Everyone, I have something to say." Satomi said, catching everyone's attention. 

"What is it?" Everyone directed their attention to her, "I know who's after Natsume." Satomi said, "Who is it?" Gray asked, "It's the chief. She's after Natsume." Satomi said, "What?!" Natsu shouted. Natsume heard beeping coming from in the car, and quickly figured out what it was. "Everyone get away from the car!!!" She yelled, jumping off the car and pushing everyone away. The car explodes the minute, she pushed everyone away. "Oh my god!! The car! Natsume!!!" Gray shouted and a big ice globe sheltered everyone. "Whoa, what is this?" Jellal looked up, "It's ice magic. Gray?" He shook his head at Erza's question. 

"Then that means Natsume did it." Lucy turned forward and they all see her standing there. She was panting heavily, while her hands were against the floor. "Natsume, did you take the blast for us?" Lucy asked, "Yeah, but I'm fine. I promise." She fell back on her butt, a little exhausted and dazed. 

"Natsume!" The members rushed forward, out of concern.

"I remember who I saw in the house, before the explosion." She was being sat up against Gray, he was behind her. "Who was it? Who did you see?" Erza asked, "It was the chief and some guy. But what I saw wasn't pretty." Natsume said, her eyes held fear. "Something scared Natsume. That's not possible, she never gets scared of anything." Lucy thought, "What did she that made her so scared?" Natsu asked himself, he was concerned knowing something managed to frighten her a great deal. "I saw the chief murder someone." She said, shocking everyone in the group. "The chief killed someone, but how and why?" Gray thought, looking down at her. 

"Are you sure?" Erza asked, "Yeah, there's no mistaking it. Chief Mizuki murdered somebody in that house." She nodded her head.