Part 24

Its Saturday.

Instead of apparating to her Black Hut like she always do, it becomes a new routine for Casey to go to Newt's house to see Credence.

Credence smiles brightly when he sees Casey. It's a new habit. Everyday, he wakes up anticipating for Casey to come.

Usually he only managed to spend about 2 to 3 hours a day with Casey while she talks about everything that happened to her, including what she learned in class.

But today, he gets the entire day to spend with her. That is why he's so excited.

Casey however doesn't seems alright today, she looks so pale and exhausted. As soon as she landed in front of Credence, she falls on the ground.

Credence quickly runs towards her before shakes her body hard, trying to wake her up. Usually, when Credence touches her, she would shiver from the tingling pain. Today however, she lays there silently without giving any reaction.

Credence feels his heart skips a beat. Shiver runs through his spine. He quickly lifts Casey up, bridal style and brings her inside the house before calling Newt to attend to her.

*****

"She's exhausted, probably pushing herself above the limits. I already gave her some medications but she still needs some time to rest."

The healer said calmly. Both Newt and Credence sighs in relief. Newt was reading a fairytale to his new-born Occamy when suddenly Credence screams his name, asking him to look after Casey.

Newt nods and smiles towards the healer before turns slightly towards Credence, signalling him to look after Casey who is now laying on Credence's bed, still unconscious.

Newt then ushers the healer out of his house. He however is welcomed by a shock and confuse expression of Tina who is standing right in front of the door.

"Tina..."

The healer is a very beautiful young woman with long straight black hair. She is so stunningly charming that for a moment Tina feels inferior with her existence.

The healer simply smiles at Tina before leaving them both behind, apparates back to St' Mungo.

"Who is that?"

Tina asked. She still wears a wary
expression with a little bit of jealousy.

Newt smiles unknowingly at Tina's innocence before welcoming her to the house.

"She's a healer..."

"A healer? Why? Are you feeling not well?"

Tina quickly asks with a worried expression. Newt simply shook his head.

"Then? Is Credence sick?"

"No... Casey is."

"Casey?"

"Cassiopeia Black... I told you about her in my letter..."

Tina nodded, remembering everything Newt told her before. About how Casey found Credence and took care of him.

"But why are you here Tina? You didn't tell me you're coming..."

Tina smiles excitedly.

"Surprise..."

Newt smiles softly, running his hand through his hair. He's so happy to see Tina again. It's been quite some time since their last meeting in New York.

Newt takes small steps, climbing the stairs silently while guiding Tina into Credence's bedroom. He doesn't want to wake Casey up. But his effort comes to vain as Tina excitedly runs towards Credence, pulling him into a warm hug while loudly calling his name.

"Credence! I miss you so much! I've been wanting to see you but I can't make the time..."

Tina said before again pulling the younger boy into her warm embrace.

Credence smiles awkwardly before looking at Tina.

"Newt has been taking care of me..."

"I know! He's so reliable isn't he?"

Credence nodded, before slightly glances at Newt who can't seem to put away his smile.

Their warm reunion however is interrupted by Casey's movement on the bed.

Casey rubs her eyes before slowly opens her eyes. She tries to register everything that happened to her but is shock to see three nervous glances around her. She quickly gets up, shifting her position so that now she is sitting on the bed, with legs stretch out.

"Are you feeling alright Casey?"

Newt asked before slowly stands besides Casey. Casey simply nods at the question before looking at Credence and Tina, and then back to Newt.

"What happened to me?"

"The healer said you're exhausted... She asked you to rest for a while..."

Newt answered calmly.

Tina however is so excited to see Casey, the saviour of Credence, so she unhesitantly hugs Casey, receiving a sharp yelp of pain from Casey before Credence quickly pulls Tina away.

Tina puts a confuse expression on her face as she watches Casey trembles hard.

"She's a cursed legilimen Tina..."

Newt explains, receiving a gulp from Tina before she looks at Casey with wide eyes.

"Oh...oh... I'm sorry... I'm really sorry..."

Casey slowly shook her head before soften her gaze towards Tina, her hand still rubs her shoulder, trying to relieves all the pain.

"It's okay... Nice to meet you Miss Goldstein..."

Casey smiles slightly. She quickly notices the warm loving feeling in Newt's heart as soon as she mentioned the name Goldstein. Casey's smile unknowingly turns into a smirk.

"You're a lucky man Mr. Scamander..."

*****

Casey had spent her entire day in Newt's house. Credence had stay by her side all the time. Credence smiles awkwardly at Casey when Casey wakes up for the fourth time. The sleeping draught given by the healer is so powerful that Casey feels asleep all the time. She only wakes up to eat lunch and dinner.

"Are you... feeling alright?'

Credence asked hesitantly. Silently hoping that his words won't disturb Casey.

Casey however quickly detects Credence's uneasiness. So she shifted her position, now sitting on the bed with legs hanging from the bed side, facing Credence.

Casey slowly caresses Credence's hand.

"I'm fine Credence... Thanks for taking care of me..."

Credence simply shrugs. He thinks he did nothing for Casey but Casey that managed to read Credence's mind quickly shook her head.

"I think I'm better because you are here..."

Credence unknowingly smiles sheepishly. A pink tinge starts to creep on his cheek.

Casey chuckles at Credence's uneasiness.

"I think you're blushing Credence..."