Part 53

Casey carefully puts a strand of her hair behind her ear. She takes a deep breath before trudging through her door room.

It's 3 a.m and nobody seems to be awake at the moment. She slowly walks towards the main gate of the Black Villa, where the wards no longer exist.

She takes a deep breath.

This is it.

*******************************

It is a cloudless morning where the sun shines a bit brighter than the usual.

It is the second week after Casey's graduation.

For 13 days, Casey had performed her regular duty as the Black. She kept herself busy by attending all kinds of family occasions and organizing all the things needed for her engagement with Terry.

Of course Terry feels a bit weird with this sudden behaviour of Casey. She doesn't seem like someone who is going to elope anytime sooner.

They had spent times together to talk about the arrangement of their engagement. Casey had accompanied Terry to occasions held by the Potter family and even tried to mingle with Terry's siblings. Something that Terry never had expected her to do.

That makes Terry feels nervous somehow. As if everything is going to be fine. As if nothing could go wrong at this moment, not when Casey smiles cheerfully and introduces herself as Cassiopeia Black, future fiancé of Tarius Potter.

Yet Terry refuses to argue. Instead, he rather enjoy himself at the moment, cherishing every minutes and seconds he had left with Casey as his company.

To be honest, deep inside his heart, he hopes that they would stay like that forever. And by the way Casey committed herself for their future engagement, Terry thought that they could stay like that forever.

It is the day of the engagement when it happens.

Nobody knows what has gone wrong because nobody had seen Casey since yesterday's night.

In fact nobody is suppose to see Casey during the day of the engagement. She is suppose to stay in her room until Terry walks in and put the engagement ring on her finger. Then, they are suppose to walk together out of the door to the living hall where the vows will be exchanged to initiate the bond between them.

Nobody knows what has gone wrong when Terry goes into Casey's room and walks back out of the door all by himself. Nobody seems to grasp what happen when Terry lightly wipes tears from his eyes with his other hand holding into a crumpled note.

Nobody speaks a word or even move a muscle. Not until a small sobs can be heard from Terry's mouth.

"She's gone..."

***************************

Credence bits his lower lips while his hand trembles hard. He keeps his eyes shut for he is too nervous with what is going on. He is now standing outside of Newt's house within the darkness of 3 in the morning.

He feels a shiver runs through his veins when a sudden touch comes to his cheek. While abruptly opens his eyes, he finds Casey smiles beautifully in front of him, forcing him to crack a relieve smile.

Casey simply nods at him before holding his hands tightly, refuse to let him go. And for the first time after so many weeks without the company of each other, they both feel relieved and undeniably euphoric.

"Are you ready?"

Casey managed to say before Credence simply answers the question with his confident nod and an excited grin.

Taking that as a yes, Casey takes a deep breath before they both apparate silently within the darkness.

Author's Note:

Sorry for taking so long. Its the holy month of Ramadhan and I hope everyone is trying their best in doing their deeds. Happy fasting to all Muslims out there!