Part 42

Casey had spent her night in the Black Hut while watching Credence sleeps on the bed. She had sent a letter to Newt, telling him not to worry about Credence. 

Casey knows deep inside her heart, this isn't what she supposed to do. She should leave the boy. There's no way they could be together. Even if Credence isn't an obscurus, there's no way her family is able to accept him.

But her desire to be with Credence is greater than any other possible thoughts penetrating her mind at the moment. She can't afford to lose him. Not after witnessing what might happen to Credence if she did leave him.

She can't let Credence becomes an obscurus again.

*****

Terry yells in annoyance once he reached the Gryffindor Common Room, ignoring the confused look on his fellow Gryffindor. He storms towards his room before casting a silencing charm around his bedpost and pulling the curtain post so that no one else can see him.

He doesn't even bother to change into his pajama as he is so deep in his thought.

Did Casey really used him?

If not, why would Casey asked him to be her partner while knowing that Credence would be there?

Did Casey used him to make Credence jealous?

Or is it the other way around?

Such thought sends shiver to his spine. He never thought Casey could be so cunning. Now, he understands perfectly while Casey's in Slytherin.

*****

When morning comes, Credence never feels lighter and calmer. He smiles unknowingly before opening his eyes.

Much to his confusion, Casey was nowhere to be seen. Credence is so horrified at the moment so he quickly storms out of the room.

"Ouch!"

Casey yelps in pain as someone or rather Credence had literally bumps on her. She falls back with a hard thud and finds it quite impossible to move at all as the excruciating pain had travel all over her body.

Credence that quickly realizes his mistake tried to help Casey stands up but only to received another yelp of pain when he touches Casey's arm.

"Oh I'm sorry..."

Casey simply shook her head. She remains in her awkwards siting position as she still cannot afford to stands up. Credence slowly sits in front of her, while casting a rather apologetic look.

"I thought you're gone. I was looking for you..."

Casey notices Credence's guilt and anxiety so again she shook her head.

"It's fine Credence... I'm not going anywhere..."

That day, Casey and Credence had spent their day at the joy of having each other around. They talk about lots of things but mostly revolves around what had happened recently, regarding the engagement of Casey and Terry.

Casey simply shrugs when Credence asked her about what is she going to do about the engagement.

"I really don't know Credence..."

"But you don't love him..."

"It's not that simple..."

Casey replied truthfully. She knows this issue may not be familiar for other wizarding families, more so to Credence that had been brought up not knowing he was a wizard at the first place. But for her, it's not that simple. 

She can't possibly tell her parents;

'Oh no dear father mother, I'm not going to be Tarius's fiancee as I am now fond of someone else. By the way, he's an obscurus...'

In the Black family, any member that doesn't follow the tradition or customs would surely be disown from the family.

Casey sighs heavily.

She doesn't think she could afford losing her family. Yet, she doesn't think she could lose Credence either.

Truthfully, she really doesn't know what to do.