Part 1

24 January 1927

Cassiopeia Black was strolling slowly around the Black Lake when an owl flying towards her, dropping a letter from her mother.

Her mother wanted her to come back to the Black Villa for a family gathering this Sunday. She sighed deeply. It is a rare occasion.

Even during holidays, she would rarely spent her time with her family. Even during summer vacation or Christmas break, she would rather spend it in her own space called the Black Hut.

It is not really as small as what a hut supposed to be. It is a decent house, with a pretty spaceous living room, two bedrooms, a kitchen and a toilet.

Cassiopeia or rather known as Casey refuses to live with her parents now as the Black Villa could be quite annoying at certain times.

Her brothers and sister, Arcturus, Lycoria and Regulus Black are very despicable and hate her much due to the fact that she's different.

She is different.

Cassiopeia Black is a legilimens which simply means, she can read minds. No, this is not the art of penetrating other's mind for certain intention. Cassiopeia's gift is rather a curse. She was born with it. And no Occlumency could prevent her from doing so.

Because of that, she tends to sense her siblings hatred towards her even without those pathetic insults or evil glare they used to give every single day.

That is why Mr and Mrs Black bought a second house for Casey. The Black Hut. So that she can stay there by herself during holiday. So that she can sort her mind without having any disturbances from her siblings.

Even in Hogwarts, Casey rarely mingle with the others. She was sorted into Slytherin but Casey always thought that she could do better in other houses as well. She is not as cunning as other Slytherins would be. She rather be in Hufflepuff where most students are very nice and kind. She would be a decent Ravenclaw as well, as most of her marks are always the highest in her class.

But, pros being a Slytherin would be, Casey doesn't have to care much about the others. Slytherin are well known to be quite self-centric so that matches Casey's personality.

Furthermore, as Casey is one of the most powerful wizard family ever exist, Casey doesn't have to worry much about being bullied by others. Her family social status allowed her to be respected even when she doesn't act like how her siblings did before.

Yet, this is a story about how Casey's life is going to change.

And it all happened, when she met Credence.