Part 35

Casey sips her pumpkin juice before slowly munching a treacle tart. She is too preoccupied in reading her notes on Charm that she didn't realize someone is watching her silently.

Then suddenly flocks of owls start to rush into the Great Hall, most of them bringing along a copy of the Daily Prophet.

Her owl drops one of the copy in front of her. Her jaw drops.

Potter and Black Engagement

Sirius Black and Hardwin Potter Jr. had announced the future bond between the two pure blood families.

According to Black, although Potter's family isn't accepted into the Sacred 28 due to their last name which is very common among muggles, everybody knows that the family's blood isn't tainted by any mix marriage between them and muggles.

"It would be unfair if we fail to recognize their effort in preserving the purity of wizarding families."

Hardwin Potter Jr. on the other hand stated that their family are more than excited to have the Black heir in the family. Everybody knows how ancient and noble their family are, so through such bond, we hope that people would stop their rumours about our family having tainted blood as such.

Both Black and Potter are very excited to announce that their children, Cassiopeia Hesper Black and Tarius Ignotus Potter are now in the process of getting to know each other.

"It's a great thing that they both are spending most of their time together in Hogwarts. It's a good chance for them to mingle and be friend before moving into another stage of life," Potter added.

Casey blinks her eyes furiously. All eyes in the Great Hall are now on both her and Terry. Casey hates this feelings. She can't stop their words from penetrating her mind.

'What does Terry see in her?'

'She's not worth it.'

'The only reason is because she's Black'

Casey shudders from the overflowing thoughts, when she lifts her head, she unknowingly locks glance with Tarius, his eyes full of nervousness and shock.

Casey gulps before turns away. She wipes her mouth, and quickly walks out from the Great Hall.

Terry is astonished by Casey's action. He shook his head, trying to remain calm. But then, unknowingly he starts to walk out from the Great Hall and follows Casey's footsteps.

"Casey!"

Terry manages to catch Casey who almost fall due to her weak knees. Casey shudders from the sudden touch.

"Lll... Let me go... Tarius..."

Casey stuttered. Terry hesitantly let her go before looking at her right into her eyes.

"Casey please... We need to talk..."

But before Casey could say anything, Terry apparates both of them to the black lake.

*****

They both are now standing confronting each other.

Casey is still lowering her head, unable to return Terry's gaze. Terry sighs a little before he begins to talk.

"Do you know about this?"

Terry asks hesitantly while looking deeply at Casey's eyes.

Casey simply shrugs her shoulder.

"I know nothing about this Tarius... I bet it's our parents' deal..."

"Well I bet it is... Are you okay with that?

Casey quickly shook her head. Terry unknowingly press his lips into thin line. Casey quickly detects Terry's dissapointment. But before she manages to mutter anything, Terry opens his mouth first.

"You know my feelings for you Casey. Undeniably I am so happy at the news, but I do care about your feelings. I won't agree to it if you refuse to..."

Casey looks intensely in Terry's eyes, reading his sincerity and still a slight dissapointment.

"Do you want to talk about this with your parents?"

Casey nods slightly. She knows there's no way she could run from this fate. But at least, she still needs to talk to her parents.

*****

That evening, after Transfiguration, Casey apparates to the Black Villa. Same goes to Terry whom apparated to the Potter Mansion.

They have discussed about it, they both will try to convince their parents to break the engagement. Although Terry is quite sad about the fact, but he doesn't want to force Casey to do it if she refuse to. He wants to win Casey's heart in a manly way. Not through a force engagement like this.

"I don't want to marry him father, mother..."

As soon as Casey said that, she quickly senses dissapointment and anger from her parents. The same feelings when they first knew she's a cursed legilimen.

"Do you think you could do such decision by yourself Cassiopeia? Do you think I haven't figured what's best for you?"

"I don't love him father..."

"This isn't about love! This isn't about stupid thing like love. For goodness sake, you can learn to love him later. This is about the bond between both family. They'll benefit us in a long way..."

Casey sighs deeply. She knows there's no way she could stop her father but still, she can't just let her father decides her future.

"But he's not a pure blood. His family didn't even manage to get into Sacred 28. I thought you hate those kind..."

"I thought I explained everything in the Prophet Cassiopeia. He is a pure blood. And being his wife would bring benefits to you. To us. "

Casey inhales deeply. Apparently, as expected, her effort is in vain.

"My decision is final Cassiopeia. Like your brother, you must marry our choice. Your engagement will be held next month. Be prepared."

And then with a poof, both her parents apparated somewhere else, leaving her with evil glares and sarastic sneers from her brother and sister in the Black Villa.