Part 14

"Credence!"

Newt shouts as soon as he sees the younger boy in front of his house. His heart jumps a little to see that the boy looks much better than he was before.

"I'm so glad to see you again Credence."

Dumbledore clears his throat a bit.

"Newt, you've met Credence. Now let me introduce you to Miss Black. She's the one who found Credence."

"Oh Miss Black... It's... It's a pleasure to meet you."

"It's Cassiopeia Black sir. But you can call me Casey."

Newt simply nods as Casey's words. Casey somehow can't help but to notice the warm feelings accumulated in Newt's heart. For he got to meet Credence again.

'What a nice man...'

Casey thought to herself.

"Now come on, let's have some coffee shall we..."

Newt said before escorting the three of them to his house.

**************************************

From their conversation, and a bit of mind reading, Casey got to know that Newt is now busy writing a book on magical creatures. Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them as he calls it.

Dumbledore was about to ask about Newt's adventure back there in New York but carefully stopped when he realized that such story would involve Credence's bad memory.

Casey can't help but to notice Credence's feelings at the moment. Part of it is guilt. Perhaps because Newt's existence reminds him about all the things he did. But, most of it is feeling safe.

Credence feels safe, protected by having Newt here. Casey quickly remembers the things she saw in Credence's mind before. She saw how Newt, almost risking himself to stop Credence from being an obscurus.

She saw how Newt tried to talk to him, in the most comforting way, like a 'normal' father would towards their own son. Well, not Casey's father of course.

Casey sighs in relief. This isn't a bad choice after all.

She is about to leave with Dumbledore when a sudden sharp pain rushes through her left arm. Casey shivers before Credence quickly let go of her hand.

"I'm sorry..."

Credence muttered. Casey could sense his guilt so she rubs his arm slowly.

"It's fine..."

Credence gulped before looking intensely at Casey's dark grey eyes.

"Pro... Promise me you'll come back..."

Casey smiles sweetly before pulling Credence into her arm, hugging him tight while muttering a soft whisper.

"I promise..."

*****

"Thank you very much sir... For everything you did..."

Casey said once she and Dumbledore settled at the hidden corner of Three Broomstick. Its already late so students that visited Hogsmeade had went back to the castle.

"There's nothing much I do. You did most of the thing, and Newt of course."

Casey smiles.

Dumbledore has been a great father figure for her. He is much lovable and caring than Casey's own father. Then, Casey detects a slight anxiety in Dumbledore.

"What's wrong sir..."

"Just be careful Casey... Of everything..."

Casey takes a deep breath before nodding.

Everything would surely change now.