Part 57

Pitch black.
Darkness surrounded him.
A painful shriek starts to penetrate his mind, causing shivers all over his body.

Credence trembles hard. He could hardly see things around him as there is no a single ray of light. As he blinks his eyes a few times, trying to adjust it to the surrounding, he could finally deduce that he was kept in a dark room, or rather a cell.

Yet, as he was about to scream for Casey, a sudden gust of black wind comes to his cell, causing him to freeze in the dark, overwhelm in such melancholy where death would be a better option.

*****

"Casey!"

Terry quickly yells as soon as Casey opens her eyes.

"Casey... Are you alright?"

Terry asked with a terribly worried tone.

Yet, Casey could hardly reply anything as everything is so hazy at the moment. She simply nods, rubbing her eyes as she tries to make clear of the whole situation.

Suddenly, something starts to click in her mind.

Credence was taken away from her.

"Credence..."

Casey quickly rises from her bed, causing a great pain to start attacking her head. She wavers slightly in her steps before Terry quickly grabs her arm, causing her to yelp in pain.

"Casey please... You're still sick..."

"I'm fine! Credence... They took him away..."

Casey replied before pulling her arm away from Terry's grasp. Terry however quickly runs in front of her, spreading his arm in an attempt to block her way out of the room.

"Tarius please... I need to get to him..."

Casey begged with such tone that soften Terry's heart. He knows that there's no way he could keep quiet in pretense regarding what had happen. Terry lets out a heavy sigh before putting both of his hands in front of his face in a surrender motion.

"I understand... But please... You need to listen to me..."

*****

Terry just got back from the owlery when suddenly his father appeared at his room door, clutching to his letter.

At the moment, Terry knows that he is done for.

That is when everything started.

His parents together with the Black can't stop interrogate him about what happened, but of course, Terry would never say anything about it.

So that is when his parents and the Black starts to take a greater measure. That is when a Verita serum comes into play.

*****

"It was all my fault Casey... If I didn't send the letter... they wouldn't know..."

Terry could hardly mutters his words as he sobs. He knows that this is all his fault. His fault for being reckless. His fault for being so thoughtless. Now Casey and Credence had to face the consequences.

"They already know that he's an obscurus... They followed my owl to find you both... I'm so sorry Casey..."

Casey lets out a heavy sigh as tears can't stop to stream out of her eyes. She never thought such thing would happen. She always thought that after her family choose to disown her, she could happily live her life with Credence.

But now, everything starts to fall apart.

"Tell me Tarius... Do you know where have they taken him?"

Terry guiltily nods before taking a deep breath.

"Azkaban... They took him to Azkaban..."