Chapter 22

“Get up pretty princess.” A sarcastic and cunning voice of Bud rattled my brain. “Bud!” I screamed and shot up like a rocket. My ears rattled from Bud’s rude wake up call. “You’re right in my spot. The Chargers game is going to be on any minute! Now move.” He said, shoving me to the side. I kicked him right in his side, but he didn’t even get fazed.

                I looked around the room. Christina was gone and Aidan was gone. “Where’s Christina and Aidan?” I asked. Bud shrugged. “They’re at some ceremony or something. I don’t know some wolf thing.” My eyes got big. “Oh my god, Bud! I probably need to be there!” I sighed, irritated and quickly through my hair into a bun and pulled on my boots. “No I don’t think you were. Mom said not to wake you.” He shrugged, however I ignored him. He didn’t know anything when it comes to wolf stuff.

                I ran outside and morphed. The scent of Evan was the strongest, so I followed it. It brought me to a clearing where a group of people were seated in a large circle. All of them stood and chanted something. There were two people in the center; Aidan and my mother. What is going on? Next, Zev took a step forward. My mother looked over at him and smiled slightly, motioning him to come forward. Zev knelt next to Aidan.

                I morphed back into a human and ran out into the circle. “What is going on here?” I asked looking around at my whole pack. Everyone was here. “Mackenna,” Aidan jumped up and looked at me. Zev jumped up too; even my mom jump at the sound of my voice slightly. “Will someone please explain to me what is going on here?” I said once again.

                “An induction ceremony,” Matt said, standing up as well. “Matt? What the hell –” He cut me off; already knowing what I was going to ask. “I’m a part of this pack now.” He said, simply. I had to process all of this for a second. “Then the induction ceremony is for you?” I asked. Matt just shook his head. “No, it’s for Zev.” This still did not make any sense.

                “Zev is already a member of this pack…” I said, still confused. That’s when I put the pieces together. Aidan and my mother standing in the middle could only mean… “Oh my god.” I said, putting my hand over my mouth in shock. “You did it.”

                Aidan continued to look at me, not knowing what I was going to do. The next thing I did was ran to him and jumped into his arms. “You did it!” I kissed him all over his face, I was so ecstatic. Aidan smiled and laughed a little. “You aren’t mad?” I stood in front of him and looked into his eyes. “Does it look like I’m mad?” I asked. To show courtesy, I stepped aside to see Zev and I dropped to one knee and lowered my head. “We’re glad to have you in our pack, Alpha Zev.” I said with a wink. Zev blushed slightly, and gave me permission to stand. Aidan went back over towards me and wrapped his arms around me.

                “It was your mother’s idea. Being an elder, she had the authority to make the transfer. This way, I’m still a part of the pack, I’m just not the alpha. Now we can be together. No strings attached.” Aidan said, smiling wider than I had ever seen him smile before. “Good.” I said. Right then, we both kissed each other. “I want to be with you forever Mackenna. And if that means making sacrifices, I’m willing to make them.” Aidan said. I kissed him on the cheek. “That’s what being a true alpha is; making smart sacrifices. Zev will be an amazing alpha. You will be right here helping him through the whole thing. He’s not doing this alone.” I said. Aidan looked me in the eyes. It brought me back to the first time I had began getting feelings for Aidan. It seemed like an eternity ago. “Mackenna?” He said. I raised an eyebrow. “I love you.” He said.

____________________________

Thank you so much for sticking with this book! I know I had not been consistant about updating it or anything, but it's finally finished! I hope you enjoyed it and I hope you check out some of my other stories like the two books of Unexpected Love and Beach Love. It would be greatly appreciated(: Thank you again!!! xoxo