Chapter 8

Sorry i haven't uploaded in a while, I just have been kind of busy lately. This, again, is probably not one of the best chapter's, but it's a good starting point for the next chapter. So the next one should be pretty interesting and longer than this one. :) And please COMMENT VOTE AND FAN!! :)

___________________________________________

When I pulled up into the parking lot, I could already feel the many set of eyes staring. So what if I was in a completely sweet and expensive Porsche? So what if it was my brother' car? If he was stupid enough to take my Camry, then that's his problem. Not mine.

Pulling into my usual parking spot, I grabbed my bag out of the passenger's seat and got out of the car. I made sure to lock it today. One thing I absolutely did not want was to be blamed for a stole car or something.

The hallways were already pretty packed. It was still like twenty minutes until we go to our first period class. I made my way towards my locker and Christina was already there waiting for me. Since her locker was right by mine, it wasn't that hard to do.

"Hey." Christina said as I started fiddling with my lock. "Hi." I replied. I decided short and sweet would probably the best, just in case she does know that I went to the football game with Aidan. "So, anything new?" She asked. Before I answered, I made sure to study her words good enough. See if she sounded suspicious or what. She sounded just like normal, so I don't think she knows anything. I don't think.

I shrugged and opened my mouth to answer her, when something caught my attention. Aidan, with a few boys from our pack, were heading outside toward the woods behind our school. We also have a small courtyard there. The thing that made me a bit edgy and a bit excited was that Aidan looked straight at me and nodded his head, then took off with the other guys into the woods.

"Uh...nothing really. Christina, I hate to do this, but would you excuse me from first period...and possibly second?" I asked, with a shy smile on my face. Christina's eyes turned from a calming expression to an annoyed, even maybe a bit fired up expression. "Mackenna...I don't know if I can handle this anymore. You're always ditching me for something. Do you know that we haven't ate lunch together in over a month? Sure I still come to your house like every weekend but half the time I'm there, I'm alone because you're off dealing with whatever."

My eyes fell to the floor. I knew Christina didn't like this. That's why I could never tell her my secret because then she'd hate it even more. We probably wouldn't even be able to be friends anymore. It was just better this way.

"I'm sorry Christina, I'll make it up to you. I promise." My feet started taking me in the direction of the back door. "You know what, don't even bother." She said, then slammed her locker door shut and started walking to class.

I ran down the hallway, because no teachers were around, and out into the woods. A little ways in, I found our pack. Michael, Evan, Aidan, Malcolm, and Tristan, who was usually never at meetings or anything because of his sports, which I thought was unfair because the rest of us were always stuck here.

"Okay, you guys don't have to phase, but I just wanted to tell you that we're starting training today. Five o'clock in Blistine Meadows. Alright?" Aidan looked around and we all nodded in unison. "Okay, good." He replied. Aidan's actually lucky I even heard him because the whole time he was talking I was taking in how gorgeous he looked.

"You can go back to your class. Sorry for the small interruption. Since first period probably just started, you could either just hang out until second period, or just go to first period." Aidan informed us. The boys scattered in all different directions. I'm assuming none of them were heading to class, except possibly Evan because he hates missing school.

I watched as everyone faded into the distance, except for Aidan and I. Aidan turned to look at me, probably expecting me to take off as well. "What are you waiting for?" He asked, not rudely, but sternly. Almost confused. I just shrugged. "Nothing really. Just thought...you might want some company or something." He smirked slightly and shifted his weight from his left foot to his right.

"Well aren't you charming." He chuckled and took a few steps forward. "Yeah, I have my moments I guess." I laughed back. He took a few more steps toward me so that we were within two steps apart. "Yes, you do, don't you?" He took another step so that we were now inches from each other's face.

He breathed out and his warm breath tickled my face. A deep sigh escaped my throat and I closed my eyes, embracing the moment.

At that moment, I felt a warm hand brush my cheek, then held the back of my head secure. I knew what was coming next. It wasn't that hard to guess. Aidan's warm pair of lips brushed against mine again, and again, and again. A smile formed on my face. I tried to prevent it, but couldn't. How did this even happen? Just a second ago it was a mini meeting about wolf stuff and now I'm kissing the alpha? How does that work?

My hands made their way around Aidan's neck and his hands made there way around my waist, hoisting me up a bit so that I could actually reach his lips. Then I immediately pulled away when I heard two low whistles coming from the woods.