Chapter 9

So I finally uploaded...took me a while because I was never using good words...always wanted to change them because they were just so blah. The biggest challenge for me was not using I, I, I, I, all the time haha. Hope you guys enjoy! And please COMMENT VOTE AND FAN!! :)

_____________________

To my surprise, I couldn’t pull away much from Aidan because he held me close and very protectively. Now my head was resting against Aidan’s chest and staring at two figures standing a few feet away in the woods, laughing and whistling until a low growl came out of Aidan’s chest. Then the whistling and laughter seized.

“Sorry alpha. We just were having some fun.” Michael informed us. “Yeah, man. Take it easy.” Malcolm reassured. A little fear obviously crossed their expressions. Sure, they pick on me all the time, but the alpha is a different story.

“So, that gives you guys the right to be complete idiots?” Aidan countered. Both of their faces fell and so did there eyes until they met the floor. “Sorry alpha.” They said simultaneously.

I had to admit, this was getting a bit uncomfortable. Aidan was still holding me tightly against his chest while scolding the two boys. At the same time, I also felt pretty powerful.

Something crossed into my mind at this moment that never crossed into my mind before. I’ve never heard of the alpha wolf falling for one of his pack. No matter how far the centuries go down, I’ve never heard of it.

“Alpha, I do have on question though.” Michael spoke up. Aidan raised an eyebrow. “Isn’t falling in love with one from your pack…forbidden?” Michael answered the question swarming around in my head. It’s as if he could read my mind.

Aidan’s grasp on me loosened a bit, but he still didn’t let me go. “Yes, I am well aware of that boys, now go do what ever it is you were going to do before you came and disturb us. And who said I was falling in love with Mackenna?” Aidan threw back. They both shrugged. “We were just asking what we felt from you, alpha.” They said, then ran off in the other direction.

Aidan cursed under his breath and looked down at me. Then, he slowly released me. “I- I’m sorry Mackenna. I really am. But I have to go.” He whispered. He began to turn around, but before he could let complete go of my hand I stopped him. “Wait!” I yelled. Aidan sighed and turned around gradually. I looked straight into his bright, naïve eyes. “Kiss me one more time.” I whispered.

It looked like Aidan just got stabbed through the heart. He inhaled sharply but turned and crushed my mouth again with his. His lips traveled down my throat and down my neckline, then back up to my ear. “I have to go.” He whispered then lightly pecked my ear. I thought my heart was going to jump out of my body. It was beating so fast and making my face so red, that I don’t think I could take any more.

“Okay.” I whispered back. He backed up, still holding my hands. He lightly lifted one up to his lips then let go. “Thank you.” I mouthed, and then he was gone. Eaten up by the forest and I was alone. Alone like I always was. Alone like I will always be. Alone…alone…alone…that word kept replaying in the back of my mind. Over and over again.

I didn’t realize how I felt about Aidan at first, but after the restaurant, the thugs, the football game…I finally realized I loved him. He intrigued me in ways I never have been before. I knew whenever I was with him, I’d be protected.

But now that would never happen. What we had was forbidden love and I hated it. Right now, the only thing I wanted to do was run after him. Have him by my side again. Have him kiss me again. Thrill me. Get my heart beating fast. Make me love him. We haven’t even been together for that long, but I already missed him that much. I loved him…loved him…love…But I could never be.