Chapter 4

First thing the next morning, I called Aidan. It felt a little weird asking him to come over and hang out, considering that he was the Alpha and everything. He has more power over me then my own mother.

"Sure, I'm not doing anything today, surprisingly." He chuckled. Even though we were just talking on the phone, I could feel that he felt a little awkward too. "So, what time do you want me to come over? Or does it really matter?" He asked. I shrugged, even though he couldn't see me. "Whenever I guess. How fast can you get here?" Right when it came out of my mouth I knew it was a stupid question. Werewolf, duh. I heard him scoff. "Please, I can be over there in...oh, give me thirty seconds."

There was a loud bang on the other end of the phone line. Like it fell and hit the floor or something. "Uh, Aidan? Are you there?" I asked into the phone. No answer. "Aidan?! Hello!?" I yelled. "Hey." I heard a familiar voice behind me and then a chuckle. I spun around and there stood Aidan. He wore a pair of black shorts and I could see his boxer line right above his shorts. He was bare foot and shirtless also. "Oh...that was fast." I laughed a little uncomfortably. He shrugged. "That's sort of my specialty now." He smiled, but it was a smile I've never seen from him before. It was a little...well crooked I guess. Almost uncomfortable, but not quite there.

I suddenly felt breathless. Which was a little strange for me because I've never felt this way before. It felt like a was riding a fluffy cloud and I could practically walk on air. "Yeah, I know the feeling." Unconsciously I took a step forward. Aidan did too.

"So, what do you want to do today? We could play on the Xbox, the wii, we could jump on the trampoline, we could...I don't know. Pretty much do anything." I shrugged. Suddenly, I had to look up just to see his face because we were so close to each other. But, for some reason, it wasn't uncomfortable. At least for me it wasn't, Aidan's emotions were too mixed up to make out what he was feeling. He shrugged back. "What ever you want to do. I'm up for anything. Literally, I never get any free time so I'm up for anything." Oh how I hated it when people would do this to me. Never make up their mind and I had to decide on what to do. I breathed out and my extra hair that fell in front of my face blew to the side.

"Can you please just pick? I don't like making decisions." I finally said. He raised an eyebrow, seeming surprised, which I really couldn't figure out what was so surprising. Then he laughed. "Okay, well I've never really gotten to play an Xbox before. We could check that out." My eyes widened. "What? Why do you look so...shocked?" He asked, confused. "You've never played an Xbox before?" I asked in disbelief. He shook his head. "Nope. And I wanna learn. People say it's fun. I just...don't know how fun. It's not like I have all this free time, remember?" I laughed. "Oh, yeah. You just seem so relatable for someone who really hasn't had that much...experience with all this stuff. Like...the world." I struggled with my wording, wanting not to make it weird or anything. "Well, I wouldn't go that far. I do know way more than most people give me credit for. Believe it or not, I was a teenager before."

"You still are." I replied. He looked shocked. Maybe I answered that question a little too fast. "Says who?" He challenged, taking another step forward. "Says me." I said, then took a step forward too. We were now inches away from each other. "Then it must be official." He smiled that same crooked smile that was slowly getting cuter every time he showed it. I could feel his warm breath across my face. His lips mouthed the words so perfectly that I was about ready to puke. Not that he made me nauseous, it's that he looked so perfect and I probably looked so plain compared to him.

My straight, a little below shoulder length, jet black hair wasn't that impressive. Unlike all the other werewolves, I didn't have very tan skin. I didn't have pale skin, but not really tan either. I was wearing a cute, white spaghetti strap shirt with little white flowers all over it. Then, I had a skirt on that had a thick black strip across the top that was almost like a belt, and the rest of the skirt was white with black polka dots on it. Not the best matching outfit in the world, but I really didn't mind. I don't think Aidan did either. Well, at least I hope he didn't.