Chapter 11

Again, I've had a total writer's block. I could not think of how to write this. I thought it was about time for this to happen, but I didnt know how to put it. Hopefully this was good! Please enjoy!

COMMENT!

VOTE!

FAN!

____________________________

The music blasted from my bedroom window. I sighed and shook my head, a little embarrassed when “See You Again” by Miley Cyrus came on because I know Christina was using my iPod. Most likely, Aidan knew that because a smirk crossed his face when he heard the music. I know I’m too old for Hannah Montana, but I still love that song. I got even more embarrassed when I heard Christina’s…not so professional singing coming from my room. How were my parents still sleeping?

At least I kept my promise to Christina. I’m guessing it was around five in the morning. I turned to Aidan and smiled. “Thank you. For probably the most wonderful night of my life.” I whispered. His hand extended out and grasped mine tightly. “Thanks for coming. I had my doubts, ya’ know.” He chuckled. His face was suddenly very close to mine, probably centimeters apart and then he closed the space, covering my lips with his.

Christina must have heard us talking because in a matter of seconds she stuck her head out the window. “Oh! Hey guys! What’s up?” Her eyes were wide with excitement and Aidan and I pulled away instantly. Aidan cleared his throat, embarrassment seeping through his ‘calm, cool and collected’ exposure. “I better get going. I’ve already broken enough rules tonight. See you for training tomorrow.” He winked and ran into the night, leaving me to climb back into my room by myself.

With a little direction from Christina, I managed to clamber back into my bedroom, with only a few scratches and probably one or two bruises. Right when I entered my bedroom safely Christina pounded me with a million questions. “So what happened? You didn’t text me at all! Well, I guess I understand because Aidan is EXTREMELY gorgeous! And not to mention kind of mysterious and completely muscular. Anyways, tell me absolutely EVERYTHING! Don’t leave anything out! Unless…I don’t want to know. No, you better tell me everything. Wait-” “Christina. Do you want to know or not?” I cut her off. She took a deep breath. After all that blabber I probably would too. “Okay. I’m ready.”

I explained to Christina everything that has happened, well everything she could know. Some werewolf stuff I couldn’t bring up or anything. “So…why do you seem depressed. It seemed like you had a dream night! Actually, not just that, the night any teenage girl would give anything to have.” I threw my bag into my closet, figuring I’d unpack it later. “Who said anything about me being depressed?” I challenged. Mostly because I was depressed. Depressed that Aidan and I had absolutely no chance of being together unless I want him to die. The only possible solution is for us to go our separate ways. We decided that tonight. No matter how much we love each other, we both can’t stand to see the other suffer.

“Oh come on, Kenna. I’m not that stupid.” She put her hands on her hips and looked at me with her famous ‘how dare you question me’ expression. “You’re totally not psyched that you went. You’re already moping around and you’ve only been home…not even ten minutes. Tell me what’s wrong. Did he…break up with you? Refuse to kiss you?” I rolled my eyes. If she only knew. Sometimes I wish I could just come clean with the whole ‘wolf’ thing. Maybe she’d know that what I go through daily.

“Look, it’s not that…simple. I don’t really want to talk about it.” I quickly walked over to my stereo and turned the music down. “And why on earth do you have the music cranked? You could be waking up the whole house!” I snapped. Christina gave me a dirty look and probably decided to mind her own business.

“So…do you think he might actually become your…boyfriend?” Christina almost couldn’t contain herself. But, being my inconsiderate self, I immediately shut her dream down. “No. No, no, no! Absolutely, not.” I felt kind of bad because I said that without hesitation. It’s definitely nothing against Aidan. If it weren’t for the fact that he would die, I’d go out with Aidan very willingly. Christina’s face turned into a sour expression. “Geez, don’t need to be so direct.” She shuddered a bit, probably thinking I’m absolutely nuts for declining Aidan, but the thing is, at this point, Aidan would probably deny me too if I asked. I mean, who would want to die? Especially for someone like me.

“I’m sorry Christy. Really. I’m not just saying that.” She rolled her eyes at my feeble response to try to explain myself. “You think I’m joking? I don’t want this! I want Aidan! God!” I snapped. My frustration oozed. Not only did that little roll of the eyes from Christina set me off, but the fact that she didn’t believe me was even worse.

I took another deep breath. It seems like lately I’ve been getting a lot of mood swings. Mostly with the anger problems. Probably has something to do with the werewolf thing. “Look, Christina. I wish I could tell you, but I just…can’t. I’m forbidden.” I stuttered, then bit my lip. I already said too much. She sighed and looked at me, serious now. “Why can’t you tell me, Kenna? I thought we were supposed to be best friends who tell each other everything? I guess not. Why have you been totally different the past year? Why, Mackenna? Why?” She shook her head and, if I’m not mistaken, her eyes flickered over to her bags.

“Come on, don’t leave.” Her eyes flickered back to mine. “How- how’d you know I was going to leave?” She stuttered, and right away I knew I slipped up. I sighed and lightly touched my forehead. “I don’t know. Lucky guess?” I lamely attempted to defend myself. “Ha ha, nice try, but I’m not going to stay just because your trying some stupid reading mind trick you learned off the internet.” She ran toward her stuff but, again, I slipped up and ran maybe a bit too fast toward her stuff.

That’s when everything broke loose. Without my control, a low growl escaped my throat, and I felt my head start to tingle. I was phasing and I couldn’t stop. Right in front of Christina. Right in front of my best friend. When I lose control, I could easily rip anyone limb by limb. Shred by shred.

“Oh my god! Kenna!” Christina screamed. I wish she wouldn’t have because now my mom’s going to run up here and then my brothers and I’ll be in a lot of trouble. “What’s happening?!” She screamed again. Finally, I finished phasing and by now, I swear Christina was going to jump out the window. Crap! Something popped into my head. Now I can’t talk to her. It’s not like she can read my mind, and it’s not like I can actually say anything. I’m a wolf for crying out loud! This might be a long night…or morning by now.