Chapter 6

Hey sorry for any spelling or grammar issues. Pleas VOTE COMMENT AND FAN!! Thank you everyone who has!! And, if you haven't already, Check out my other books Unexpected Love and Beach Love (Sequel to Unexpected Love)

__________________________________

I didn't exactly know where we were going, but I didn't know if I wanted to. The drive was silent. Neither of us said a word. Personally, I was trying to process what just happened back there. My head was still spinning.

It's like I just blacked out. Couldn't take what was about to happen. The only thing that I couldn't figure out, is how'd it all happen? It went from Aidan and I having a simple conversation, trying to figure out why he was leaving so quickly, then suddenly I felt his lips contact mine. How does that work?

My eyes wandered to the window and continued to stare into space. I recognized exactly where we were. The Chevron gas station flashed by with the intense speed Aidan was driving. The gas station a mile or two away from the school. So we were going to the football game after all.

Finally, I couldn't take the silence anymore. "We're going to the football game?" I asked, then immediately realized how stupid that sounded. His eyes, staying focused on the road, turned to a deep confusion. "Of course. Didn't we have plans?" My face turned a bit hot. The word 'plans' sounded a bit weird the way he used it. Maybe it was just my imagination, but it always seemed like Aidan used words like that often. It could be just to make me uncomfortable or embarrassed, but I doubt it with him. He just looked so serious when he'd speak.

I cleared my throat before I spoke. "Yeah, but I just thought...well, since that incident down at the club..." The more I thought about it, the more I seriously considered just asking him to drive me home. He scoffed. "Don't worry about that. I just wanted to get you out of there before they became conscious again and...well, you get the point." He concluded. I nodded and continued to stare out the window.

In the distance, I saw the bright yellow football goal post standing up in the middle of the field, and a ton of people swarming around there. The game, obviously, must have started, but only barely. Aidan turned into the parking lot and pulled into the first available parking spot, thinking that this was probably the best we were going to get. This game was against one of the best players in the country. Including, my childhood crush, Johnny Christianson.

Johnny used to be really good friends with Bud. Even though they went to different school's, they were incredibly close. Whenever he'd come over, he was the only one of Bud's friends who'd actually include me in stuff they were playing. Bud wasn't thrilled about that, but he didn't want to lose his best friend. So he just ignored me, or pounded on me.

He was also extremely gorgeous. He had wavy blond hair, and had amazing muscles. Tan skinned, breathtaking blue eyes, that I got lost in probably a little more than I should, and a beyond beautiful, perfect smile. The last time I saw Johnny must have been five or six years ago. Hopefully I'll get to see him, even though it may be a little awkward with Aidan here. One good thing about Johnny though, is he was usually inhumanly cool in extremely awkward situations.

Aidan stepped out of the car and ran around to the other side to open my door. "You don't have to do that, you know?" I said, as I climbed out of the car and stood by Aidan. He shut the door behind me, and then shrugged. "I know. I don't mind doing it though." I smiled shyly, then started walking toward the ticket counter. Aidan followed, obviously a little nervous about being here.

The ticket guy, busy watching the game from the back of the ticket booth, looked up when I cleared my throat. "Oh, just a second." The guy scrambled around for a minute and grabbed a few stray tickets on the counter. "Two tickets?" He reassured. I nodded. The man handed the tickets to us. "That's ten dollars please." He held out his hand for the money.

My fingers fumbled around in my purse for a moment, then froze. "Oh my god!" I muttered and hit my hand to my head. "What's the matter?" Aidan asked concerned, taking a noticeable step closer to me. "Shit! I forgot my wallet on my bed! Ugh!" I sighed exasperated.

Unexpectedly, Aidan put his arm comfortingly around my shoulders and pulled out a ten dollar bill from his pocket. "I think I can handle ten dollars." He smirked. I smiled. "But, you already paid for our meal. And you had to pay the extra five dollars to make it a to go meal. And besides, I promised that I'd pay."

Ignoring me, Aidan handed the money to the ticket man. "Thank you." He said, taking the money and handing over the tickets. "Enjoy the game." He waved, and ran back to the back of the booth to continue watching the game.

I looked up at Aidan to try to read his expression. His emotions were pretty calm, but a little on edge. His face read other wise. A soft, almost childish expression danced across his face. I've never seen that on Aidan's face before. He's always been so manly and to see him so vulnerable was so...abnormal.

He turned toward the gates to get into the football area. My eyes fell to the ground and stared at his feet as we walked. Before we got to the gate, I fell a Aidan's hand sweep against mine once, twice, then three times. At first I thought it was an accident, but then when it happened a second then third time, I knew it was something else. My face flushed with heat, then instantly cooled from the chilling wind.

Soon Aidan finally got a grasp on my hand and his fingers intertwined with mine. I looked up from the top of my eyes and saw Aidan looking down at me. When he caught my gaze, he threw me a quick wink, then continued to focus straight ahead at the bleachers.

Why was he doing this? He was the alpha. I was the...well, rookie. How could he fall for me? He's way superior over me in every way humanly and wolfly possible. Besides, I was plain, he was hot. Say we did start going out, how would I explain that to the wolf pack? I'd never hear the end of it. They do have to obey the alpha's orders, so if Aidan said enough it would literally be enough.

I inhaled sharply. Unsurprisingly, Aidan caught that. "What?" He asked, holding on a little tighter to my hand. "Nothing. I just...am kind of nervous." In so many ways that he didn't even know. Of course, like I thought he would, he thought I meant I was nervous about the football game. "Well I could take you home if you want. There's really no reason to be nervous. We're going to see your brother." He said, trying to cheer me up.

An accidental snort escaped my mouth. "Yeah, and that makes me happier. I'm so excited to see my brother." I said sarcastically and rolled my eyes. Aidan laughed too. "Just saying. Do you know anyone else that's going to be here?" Curiosity obviously peeking out.

Johnny instantly popped into my head. Would he count? He is playing. Number 10, I believe? It's not like he'll be hanging around though. I shrugged. "Not really, I just know my brother, who's playing, and my old friend...who's also playing." I tried to make 'my old friend' sound as casual as the rest of my sentence, but I don't know if I succeeded with that. Aidan nodded thoughtfully. "Huh, that's interesting. How do you know him?" He urged.

"My brother. They used to be the best of friends. I haven't seen him in like five years." Not wanting to really give away anything about me and how I used to like him. "Oh?" Aidan continued pushing, letting go of my hand for a moment to buy us a popcorn.

"One popcorn, please?" Aidan asked the young cashier, who looked about fourteen. Chewing gum and leaning against the counter. Her eyebrows raised once and nodded. "Anything for you gorgeous." She winked and turned to grab the popcorn.

Once Aidan got a hold of his money, his hand flew back into mine. A smirk slid across my face and it also did on Aidan's. The obnoxious fourteen year old turned around and her face fell when she saw our hands. "Oh. Here's your popcorn." She said flatly. "That's six dollars." She held out her hand impatiently. "Here. Thank you." Aidan said, probably more politely than he should have. The girl just took his money and rolled her eyes, then took out her iPod headphones and shoved them in her ears.

We turned and started walking to the loud and hollering stands. "Do you think I made her too mad?" Aidan whispered in my ear. I looked over my shoulder to see the girl staring after me and Aidan with the most hateful expression I've ever seen. Chewing the gum just made it look even more awful. I giggled. "Nah, she'll e fine."