Chapter 34

Feather After // Chapter 34 // Pop Quiz And Manchurian

Aria' POV

Don't ask me how I ended up in my house yesterday or how I pretended that nothing was wrong when my whole life was falling apart. People had sabotaged my life so as to make it better for them. Don't ask me why I fell for the guy who wasn't even a tiny bit interested in me, he rather seemed interested in my first friend I made when I moved to Maple High. Well, now let's not go there because there was no point talking about something which was not in my hand. I wish I was just like a normal teenager who could possibly be as normal as anyone else was, you know loud screaming family, financial problems, bad grades.

Right now, I was walking down the hallway while trying to balance a thick physics book in my hand while trying to balance this thick biology laboratory book on the other hand. I had my white bag pack hung around my back. And I tiptoed through the hall because I didn't want to fall straight flat on my face and break my glasses.

I found Rachael standing next to my locker as if she was trying to distract her self while she was waiting for me. Her back was turned towards me but her long straight black hair was almost the best identity anyone could have of her.

"Boo!" I roared when I reached her, and to my utter surprise, she wasn't a bit scared. Instead, she looked around and smirked at me. She raises her eyebrow at me and leaned against the locker while watching me struggle to open the locker.

"I expected a lot better from you, to be honest. It was very girly and I wasn't even kind of scared. It was very weak, trying howling and growling like a tiger next time, hunters underestimate the cat until it howls like a tiger or a lion, whatever your favorite wild animal is," she flipped her hair and chewed on her bubble gum.

What she said stung. I mean what she said was true. I had been taken granted for my whole life because I let them take me for granted. If only I would have had the guts to say no instead of just meekly crying and mulling for help, I would have done better and I know that I would have been in a better position today.

"Let's move if you don't want to end up in detention like always," she grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the English room. While walking towards the room, people popped in just to say hi to Rachael, they gave me weird looks and then got back to their work. I looked at her, and she just smiled brushed it off by saying, "they are just so obsessed with me."

When we entered the classroom, someone howled. "Rachael scares boys off, that's why she is hitting on girls now."

"Oh shut up, Danny. Don't be jealous just because I have fingered vaginas and you haven't,' she replied and the students present in the class snickered.

We took the seat, my usual the window one and Rachael sat right next to me, with Xavier behind me who was apparently one of the very best friends of Rachael. She was one of the only people I had seen that had gotten so popular so soon. It was more like she knew people before.

I don't know when the English class started and when our English teacher started shooting glares at me. I started to feel uncomfortable but then I tried not to squirm. I sat there pretending then everything was okay and nothing was wrong. English class ended and we moved towards a different room, I promised Rachael that I would sit with her and her friends during lunch and that I wouldn't chicken out like I usually did.

I walked towards the biology lab which was let's say my second favorite place in the school after the library. Our bio lab class was very spacious and big, it was divided into four different parts namely the center part where the students sat, the part just left to the center part where animals like snakes, four different species of frog, a lizard and two-three more animals were kept in different rectangle glass. On the other side, that was the right side of the center part of the classroom, different apparatus were kept to conduct various experiments in the lab, like the microscope and other things like that.