Twenty Seven

Grace's POV
***************
I'm fucking terrified. It's been 2 weeks since we got home from Paris and Mike and I haven't spoken at all. Honestly, I miss him like hell. We used to be together like 24/7 and 2 weeks without him isn't going well for me. I want to talk to him but I don't know what to say. What do you do when you kiss your best friend? Are we even best friends? Brother and sister? Normal friends? I don't know anymore. He hadn't made an effort to talk to me either but I guess if I'd gotten blown off like I did to him I wouldn't bother either. I don't know what to do. I have no one to talk to because Mike was the one I talked to all the time. So why is it so hard now? Do I actually have feelings for him? Or was that just a thing that happened? Even before we kissed, we'd both been acting pretty weird. He blushed when I kissed him, I was nervous around him, he seemed off, I couldn't just mess around with him. Things changed. I don't know. And what about Raymond? If I do like Mike, what do I do about Raymond? Do I stay with him? I mean I did technically cheat on him. Do I break up with him? Should I even tell him? There are so many questions that only Mike would know the answer to. Then there was a knock at my bedroom door.

"Gracie?" It was just Scar.

"Yeah?"

"The guys and I are gonna watch a movie downstairs, do you wanna join?"

"I'm good, thanks." I told her.

"Grace, can I come in?" I sighed.

"Sure." I said as I fell back on my bed. Scar walked over and sat down next to me.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, why?"

"I've hardly seen you these past couple of weeks. The only reason you leave your room is to get food and that's hardly ever. You love to eat."

"So?"

"So, there's something wrong."

"I'm fine."

"Gracie. Please tell me what's up." She begged.

"Why do you care?"

"You're my little sister, I'm supposed to care if there's something wrong." I was silent. "Fine, fine. But what's up with Mike? We've hardly seen him either." I was silent again. "Okay fine, I'll leave." She said as she walked out of my room.

It seems like as soon as that person left, another one came, one that I definitely didn't want to see at the moment.

"Babe." He whispered.

"What is it, Raymond?" I said towards my window, which was where he was standing.

"Woah, what's wrong?" He said while walking towards me.

"Nothing, what do you want?"

"Babe."

"What?"

"Tell me."

"Ray, why are you here? You can't be here right now."

"Because I missed you. I wanted to make sure you were okay, you won't even text me back. Did I do something wrong?"

"No.. No you didn't do anything wrong. But can we talk about this later, Ray?"

"Sure, sure. I'll just see you later then. Love you." He said as he went back out of my window.

I knew I should have said something to him but I couldn't. I'm too much of a bitch to admit that what I did was wrong. I didn't want to hurt Raymond. I know that how I treated him just then hurt him a lot but what else could I have possibly done to help the situation at all.

As soon as he was gone I flopped on my bed and screamed until I couldn't anymore. For me, screaming led to crying and that's exactly what I needed at the moment. I cried for as long as I could before getting up and doing what I should have done a long time ago. I got up and walked to Mike's room. I stood outside of the door before just letting myself in. When I opened the door, I saw Mike doing the same thing I'd been doing. There he lay, his head in his pillow, bawling his eyes out. This made me start crying again. I didn't think he noticed I was there so I just watched for a while. Soon enough I walked over to his bed an laid down next to him and when he looked at me we both cried even more. He turned away from me so I wrapped my arm around his waist and we just laid there like that, crying.

.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.

After what seemed like hours of laying with Mike, he finally said something.

"Grace, I-" he started.

"Me too. I've been wanting so badly to talk to you but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I was afraid you were mad at me. And I know this doesn't sound sincere but I missed you like crazy." I said, sitting up to face him.

"It's fine... I felt the same way. I don't know what happened. It's all my fault, I shouldn't have kissed you back in Paris. I knew that you had Raymond and if anything happens between you two, it's all on me. I felt terrible but strangely relieved after it happened. And these past couple of weeks have been hell for me. You're one of the only people I talk to. Gracie, I don't know how to feel now."

"See but that's the thing, Mike. I wanted you to. I wanted you to kiss me and I. I don't know why. I do have Raymond and I'm beyond confused about this whole thing. It's not your fault."

"So, what do we do now?" I shifted a bit.

"Mike.. I'm gonna stay with Raymond, you know that right? That kiss didn't change a thing." I was lying I think. It changed a lot but I couldn't tell what. Nonetheless, he looked devastated as those words slipped through my teeth.

"Oh. Yeah, of course you are, G. I wouldn't expect you not to." His words sounded truthful but I knew he was lying. But why?

"Okay, cool. I really missed you, Mike."

"I missed you, too. A lot." He sighed as he put his hand on my knee. "I'm gonna take a nice shower. I need some time."

"Oh, yeah, sure. Go ahead." I nodded. Soon after I heard the water turn on, I went back into my room. I had no idea what was going through my head.