Twenty Nine

Short chapter, just saying.

Mike's POV
***************
"Well, fuck you because it's all your fault anyways, giraffe boy!" He yelled at me.

"How is this all my fault? I can't help how Grace feels towards either of us! I can't control her actions or emotions, so please explain to me how the hell this is my fault!" I blurted out. This was getting out of hand and the guy had only been here for two minutes.

"Because if it weren't for you," he poked my chest "Grace and I would still be together!"

"Newsflash, Romeo." I pushed his shoulders. "You broke up with her, not the other way around." We stood outside the front door, hoping no one heard us.

"Because she cheated! With you! I always knew better than to trust you but her? I never thought she'd be the one to kiss you first!" He pushed me against the wall and I tried my best not to fight back. "I guess you never know with a snake like you."

"Wow." I started and I knew my next words were risky but I could care less. "Never took you for being such a bitch." As soon as I let that sentence slip off of my tongue, I felt a fist against my cheek and I smiled into it - he threw the first punch.

I punched him back just as hard and soon enough it was a full on fist fight. He wasn't doing much damage so I tried not to. This was honestly just for the benefit of my happiness. We each kept throwing more and more punches and the fists were flying.

"WHAT THE HELL?" I heard a voice but didn't stop until it was pulling me back. I turned around to find a crying Grace.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't the community chest." Randall - I mean Raymond said.

"Ray, did you start this?" Grace said.

"Of course I did. He took you from me, Gracie. And I just want you back..."

"Ray you broke up with me. That's just as upsetting as what I told you. You and I both are going through it right now. But to just show up at my house and start a fight with my best friend? That's low, Raymond. Even for you." She crossed her arms.

"Fine. Whatever. I'll just go... Have fun with your new boyfriend, you'll never have to see me again." Raymond said as he turned around to walk away.

"Ray..." she started.

"Goodbye, Gracelyn."

Grace turned to me and gave me the most sorrowful look.

"Grace,"

"Don't." She interrupted. She walked back into the house and straight up into her room.

What happened to the Grace that was always happy...

.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.

Days went by and all I ever saw of Grace was her moping around in sweats. She smelled terrible, she looked terrible, but she'd always seemed so beautiful. Everyone else knew exactly what happened. I told them everything that'd happened in the past month. They tried helping but it didn't really work. I spent every second I could trying to cheer up Grace and she's gotten a little better, but I'm still the only one who can make her smile. Occasionally she would come down for a movie or something but other than that she just stayed in her room. I walked up to her door and knocked. When I got no answer I let myself in, I had a key.

"Grace?" I looked at the lump in her bed. "Grace, are you awake?" I sat down next to her and gently rubbed her back. Her almost blonde again hair was thrown all around her pillow. Her cheeks looked extra chubby and she was warm. I tried to quietly snuggle myself into her nestled body.

"Mike?" She mumbled.

"Shh." I told her. And she did.