Damn Dopey Smiles

~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~Tyler's POV~~~

My eyes fluttered open, and I frowned immediately. Who was laying on me? Then I remembered everything. I had been having one of my reoccurring nightmares, and Bo had woken me up. I asked him to stay with me.

Oh my God.

I had asked Bo to sleep with me and I barely knew him. I could feel my stomach pressed against his chest, and his arm was wrapped around me, pulling me tight to him. Bo was snoring quietly, and I was slightly comforted by the sound of his breathing.

I tried to move to get out of the bed, but Bo's grip was firm. I let out a sigh of frustration and tried again, but I still couldn't get out of his grasp. I reached up and wrapped my fingers around his wrist and lightly pulled at it.

"Damn," I cursed under my breath. Then I realized Bo wasn't snoring anymore. "Are you awake?" I felt the vibrations of his chuckles on my back, and I blushed deeply. I shoved my face into my pillow for a second, letting my cheeks return to their normal color.

I pulled myself from his arms and rolled out of bed. "I'm really sorry about making you stay last night," I said, running my hand self-consciously through my hair.

"Nah, I was fine," he replied, sitting up. The blankets fell off his chest and I noted that he wasn't wearing a shirt. I could see the definition of the muscles in his torso, probably due to the long hours of training.

Bo cleared his throat, and I realized he could me staring. Again. "Do you have nightmares a lot?" he asked.

"Um, yeah," I answered, and I sat back down on the bed with my knees pulled up to my chest.

"What are they about?" Bo asked, and I remained silent. I didn't know if I actually wanted to talk about my nightmares. "You don't have to tell me if you don't feel comfortable."

I glanced up at him. Something about Bo made me feel safe and at ease. Besides, the boy had stayed with me all night, so he deserved to know why.

"Well, it's a memory," I said, looking down at my feet. "I wasn't the only werewolf that the hunters kept in their prisons." Bo made a sound, and I looked up to see him panicked. "I was the only one they kept alive," I explained, and he nodded seriously.

"There were times," I continued, "When I could hear the other werewolves being tortured. Some were girls and some were boys, but their screams all sounded the same after a while. On multiple occasions, the leader of the hunters, Drake, would bring them into my cell, and..." my voice trailed off. I wiped away the tears that were flowing silently from my eyes and drew a shaky breath.

"And he would kill them in front of me."

"Seriously?" he asked, stunned.

"Yep."

"And those are your nightmares?"

"Yep."

Before I could move, Bo had crossed the bed and enveloped me in a bear hug. At first, my body was stiff in surprise, but after a few seconds, I relaxed in his embrace. I don't know why, but having Bo holding me the way he was felt right, like that's where I belonged.

"That really sucks, Ty," he whispered into my hair.

"Ty," I echoed quietly. Ty; the nickname my parents used for me. The last time I had heard that name was the night I was kidnapped and my parents were slaughtered. The night that where the last thing I said to them was that I hated them. Fresh, hot tears started to trickle from my eyes, and I chuckled emotionlessly.