Chapter 17. Revealed.

Chapter 17

Mia's POV

I found the perfect knee length dress for the press conference. It wasn't too showy or too conservative. It was an ivory color and flowed straight down my body, perfectly accentuating my curves. I ended up curling my hair since it was a first public appearance.

My makeup was the same as my every day look, natural, with a tint of pink blush and a thin line of black eyeliner.

I looked at the clock. The conference was at four and I still had forty five minutes to het there. I didn't feel the nervous me kick in. Not yet that is. I grabbed my handbag, my phone, and threw my grey pea coat over my shoulders.

I reached the door knob but there was a knock. Weird. I opened the door to see a well dressed Harry Styles leaning on the door with his left arm. He looked amazing in his suit which didn't surprise me. The past two weeks basically showed me that these guys could wear trash bags and still manage to look great.

"Wow," he mouthed his lips remained in an 'O' shape.

"Thank you," I laughed at his reaction. He probably said that all the time to girls but I still appreciated his compliment.

Was he going somewhere? A date possibly?

"Why are you dressed so spiffy? You have a date?" I giggled.

"I would never dress this fancy if it wasn't for an award ceremony alright Mia. I'm your escort to the press conference. Zayn's there already."

"He doesn't want to show up together," I said, not knowing I said that out loud.

"No Mia. He's afraid that people will mob you if you arrive together."

All I could give Harry was an encouraging smile. When I told Zayn that I wanted to be alone at the press conference, I was being too selfish. I couldn't leave Zayn out of this because he would look bad in front of his fans, his family, but mostly Perrie.

We get into a limo and I thought it was a bit extravagant for an occasion like this but could you expect anything less from Simon Cowell.

I decided to text Zayn on the way there.

"Let's do this. For Perrie or should I say .. Zerrie? (: "

Five minutes passed. Then ten and I was starting to get anxious. I checked to see if he's read it but he hadn't yet.

***

I took one last look at my phone before we arrived at the hotel.

"Read 3:40 PM"

He didn't even reply...He must still be angry with me. I let out a sigh of disappointment and held back the sting of him not sending anything back.

There were already a bunch of people outside the hotel waiting for me when we arrived. Suddenly a hand wrapped around my hands which were slightly trembling on my lap. It was Harry's. I hadn't noticed that I grew more nervous on the way here.

"You okay Mia?" I nodded, and swallowed down my emotions. "I'm right by your side along with security. You needn't be so worried."

I smiled to reassure him and I never thought I would say this again, but it was nice to have Harry right by me. Somehow, he gave me strength.

He asked me if I was ready, and I nodded again. I was sure I would break into a sob if I spoke and now was not the time.

The rest was history. I remembered the car door opening and flashes of cameras. Harry was right by my side with a couple guards around me. So this was how it felt to be famous. It was scary when people you barely even knew mobbed you, crowding your personal space, asking questions.