Chapter 4. Intruder.

Chapter 4

Mia's POV

Harry grabbed my hand, instead of my wrist this time. His hands weren't as soft as everyone would assume. It was even softer. They were rather veiny and quite warm. This boy really knew how to play the game, but still, the gesture was nice.

As he led me to the back door of the house, I started to feel another type of nervousness kick in. Not because Harry was holding my hand, but because I was finally going to meet Perrie's fiancé. To be honest, from his pictures, he not only looked attractive but intimidating.

I read that he even ran after some paparazzi for pushing down Niall or something. His actions were understandable but completely unnecessary. Violence was wrong, even saying the word sent shivers down my spine. I was afraid that if I ever offended him, he would do the same thing to me.

"Zayn never locks his back door." Harry whispered to me, dispersing my thoughts.

I didn't question why out loud, but in my head I was. Who in hell would be stupid enough to leave their door unlocked? What if some robber broke in and did what robbers did?

Harry turned the knob to open the door, leading us to a well lit up kitchen decorated with black and white granite counters. There was nothing on them other than a coffee maker and what looked like a very expensive blender. Maybe I could make smoothies while I'm here. I shook the ridiculous thought away and turned my attention to Harry who looked very alert.

The dining room was to our right, surrounded with two large windows overlooking some pine trees.

"Do you think he's still awake?" I whispered to Harry who was tip toeing his way across the kitchen. I didn't think it was necessary, but it was amusing to watch him.

"Shh.." he shushed me and winked. Seriously, this guy. No wonder girls would fall head over heels for him. And those irresistible dimples.

Now was not the time, Mia.

Up ahead was the living room that consisted of an 'L' shaped black leather couch with a flat screen TV opposite of it. The flooring was wooded with a colour of deep mahogany and to our left was a hallway with a staircase that led to the bedrooms and the washrooms, to my guessing.

"Wait here," Harry quietly ordered as he finally let go of my hand.

I nodded as he left me by myself in between the kitchen and the lounge. His sudden leaving left me with a silence and my own thoughts. Curiosity took the best of me, and I moved to peek around the living room. The walls were decorated with pictures of what seemed to be his family, his three lovely sisters. I padded into the dark lounge to observe them closer til I stopped at one of him and Perrie in a close embrace with Zayn kissing Perrie on the cheek. They looked...super adorable. But I admit, I was envious. When will I find someone to share my life with?

I reached my hand to touch the picture, but out of nowhere, a blinding light switched on, causing me to freeze in place.

"Who's there?" An unfamiliar voice said behind me.

Crap. I've been caught.

It didn't sound like Harry's. This one was also deep but more stern, and it oddly frightened me.

There could only be one other possibility - the owner of this house.

"Turn around or I'll report you," the voice continued prosecuting.

Slowly, I turned around to see him...with only a towel on and a tiny unlit lamp in his hand as if to shoot me with it.

Do guys seriously wear nothing but towels all the time?