Chapter 13. Gone.

Chapter 13

Mia's POV

It's the morning after what seemed to be the longest day of my life. Simon had left last night after giving Zayn his apologies about the broken engagement, and Harry decided to stay by sleeping in the living room.

It was now six in the morning and I couldn't sleep a wink last night. What the hell is wrong with me?

My mind has been going crazy thinking back and forth with what Simon had put into my head. I've never exactly been in love before so how could I possibly know that Zayn was the one for me?

Even though sometimes, I might occasionally think about his smile and how his face was handsomely scrubby.

No, Mia! You can't think of him like that.

He belongs to Perrie. Well, used to. I could not break the girl code and be with him. Besides, Zayn did not feel the same way I felt about him.

How did I start to feel this way about him?

I only .. saved his life, spent about three days here, and shared one kiss. Two .. but both of them didn't count. They meant absolutely nothing.

Love shouldn't come this fast. Love takes time. Love didn't fall right into our laps. It takes hard work and trust and communication.

Zayn and I had none of that.

But what did I know about love.

I no longer felt like myself. I felt so lost, so out of it.

My conclusion: pack everything and go home. They would never find me.

Yeah right. They would find me in an instant.

But I didn't care, I felt suffocated again. For the first time since I was sixteen, I felt that familiar lump in my throat that I couldn't swallow away.

I grabbed a random suitcase from the closet, threw my clothes and everything else I bought into it.

Zayn wouldn't mind if I borrowed his suitcase right?

I promised myself that I would ship it back before I took it. I looked at the alarm clock to ser that it was about six-thirty. It's way too early for Zayn to be up, and Harry would still be knocked out from comforting Zayn all night.

I wondered if Zayn shed even a tear. Now that I think about it, he didn't have the reaction like a normal person would have. He looked upset but something in me kept questioning whether he was impacted by the broken engagement.

Unless he never really loved her. But he wouldn't have got all angry at me if truly loved her.

God, Zayn. He was making me conflicted with myself.

I carefully opened my bedroom door with the hope of exiting quietly. But the door gods cursed me because every time I pulled the doorknob, a little creak managed to squeak through the entire hallway.

I safely made it out of my room and down the stairs. Before going out the back door of the kitchen, I glanced over to the lounge when I saw Harry sleeping on the floor while Zayn was fast asleep in the corner of his L-shaped couch.

I couldn't believe what I was about to say to myself. I will definitely miss them. Harry more than Zayn of course.

Though it was short, the memories of being with two of the five most beloved boys around the world; it's something I would never be able to forget.

Zayn. Javadd. Malik. I'm sorry. I knew I already told him that but I had to tell him again. This was all my fault.

I think I preferred him not knowing me and be mad at me rather than him knowing me and be mad at me. Did that make any sense? But you know what I mean...