Chapter 20. Two.

Chapter 20

Mia's POV

My eyes opened to see a familiar white ceiling above me. I looked around to find myself in my bedroom. I rose to a sitting position and felt a headache throbbing against the bones of my skull. Straight across from my bed was my white dresser and I saw myself in the mirror. It was not a pretty sight.

Realizing my need to pee, I headed to the washroom. I stopped myself halfway wondering how exactly I got home. I could vaguely remember the river then someone came and held me back.

"Morning Mia," a deep voice iterated from across the room.

I turned my head slightly to the right to see a smug Harry leaning by the door.

"Harry? What are you doing here?" I said turning my body to face him. How could someone look so good in the morning? I just don't get it. Damn him and his dimples.

"Don't remember last night?"

I gasped. We didn't -- No, no. There's no way.

Harry laughed and accused me of jumping to conclusions .. which I clearly was. He explained that he crashed on the couch and demanded that I shower first. In return, he would tell me some top secret "information."

What could this information be? What was Harry doing here, in my apartment, anyway? I remembered hugging him and crying then .. I must have wiped out.

After a refreshing shower and taking no time to look for an appealing outfit, I just threw on some dark blue boyfriend skinny jeans with a white crewneck tee. It was just Harry so there was no need to impress.

Once I got out of my bedroom, I saw Harry reading one of my National Geographic magazines. More like skimming through the pictures since that's the only thing in NG magazines he found interesting.

Harry spotted me and set down the mag on the coffee table. He patted the seat next to him signaling me to sit beside him. I did as his hand told.

Harry started first, "Before I say anything, tell me why you were strolling into a river at four in the morning."

I hesitated to answer him, but I knew I wasn't able to get out of this interrogation. "Can I not tell you?"

"No. I'm being serious here, Mia."

I grabbed the pillow from the armrest onto my lap. Without making eye contact with Harry, I told him. "I recently learned that I was fired from my job." I glanced at Harry for a reaction but his face was blank. He knew there was more I had to say. "And ... "

"And?" Harry urged on.

"And how did you get here? How did you find me? Of all people, Harry Styles came to my rescue? It makes no sense."

"It's .. Complicated. I can't tell you how or why but all I can tell you is that I followed you."

"Why? Why would you follow me?"

"Because look at you. If it weren't for me, you would be frozen to death in that river. I can't let you die like that," his tone was getting furious but he quickly retracted his anger. "I'm sorry. I'm the one who's wrong here. I didn't mean to stalk you. I was simply trying to make sure you were alright."

There was a long pause before he continued.

"Now tell me, were you simply going for a swim last night or what?"

I stopped myself before I spat anything I would regret. I didn't want to tell Harry about my feelings towards Zayn. Besides, he probably already knows.